Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around at some pics of the CTS-V and I was noticing that wear you would normally put the key there is a shiny piece of what looks to be metal or plastic. I was under the impression that the V has keyless go, but I dont see a push buttin starter like on the Vette.

How does the keyless go work on these ?

thanks

·
Registered
2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)
580 Posts
there is no push start on these cars...just looks like someone left the key in the ignition..

·
Registered
Ordered CTS V - ordered 03/13 delivered 06/24!
405 Posts
Yep, I wish it was like the Vette as well. Just turn the "fake" key left in the ignition slot.

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Yep, I wish it was like the Vette as well. Just turn the "fake" key left in the ignition slot.

What is the real difference? It is still "keyless" just no button. Put the FOB in your pocket and it all works like a charm.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Agree. As long as I don't have to scratch the steering column with a real key, I'm golden. It was the same setup on my Acura RL, so not even a learning curve for me. Isn't the CTS a "world" car? In some countries, keyless start is not allowed, so the design was intentional to allow for countries where you have to use a key in all cars. Again, this is an issue with the Acura RL/Honda Legend, which is distributed in all countries where Honda is represented.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
I actually like it better than the button myself. It's way more intuitive.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
999 Posts
Also, it has four positions, like a keyed ignition: just no key. Accessory position is especially useful, especially for fiddling with the Nav without idling the whole time.

·
Registered
Ordered CTS V - ordered 03/13 delivered 06/24!
405 Posts
All true, but for me it was just a "coolness" factor. I like the push button! Seems cooler!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I like the "fake" key. It means that everything works in the way to which I am accustomed, but still no key needed (normally).

·
Registered
Cadillac
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah ok, now I get it.

I can see how it could be more practical than a puch button, but like Hawkeye said, part of the coolness of having keyless go is that you feel like your starting a race car, or an airplane, by simply pushing a button.

IMO having a turn a keylike object that stays on the steering column is the same motion I make to start any other car, so it would feel less special if that makes any sense.

Im sure its just a matter of time before someone makes a puch button for it.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (Blue Diamond Manual/Recaros/Nav/Suede/Polished)
297 Posts
While turning a "Fake" key may not make you feel special, I think the idle sound more than makes up for it. If not, spinning the tires through 1st should :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Yeah, if you really need a "coolness" factor when starting your car, go buy a Jaguar XF.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts