Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All..
Just recently purchased a 1991 Seville SLS and today stumbled on this forum. Lots of good info and knowledgable people here.

I have a question perhaps someone could help with. Before asking, however, I want to apologize for what might be a simple problem to some of you. I'm not very experienced in this type work.

I am trying to add an after market keyless entry (remote door lock). I have all the wiring info except that it says the wires I need to access are behind the driver's side kick panel.

Here is my question. How do I remove the kick panel (carpeting, etc.) without tearing it up. I can find no screws, fasteners, etc holding it in place. I could rip it out with force but I would like to know the right way so it can be replaced intact. I'm sure this is fairly simple....if you know how. Unfortunately, I don't know how. I bought the Chilton Repair Manual for the car but it was no help.

Anyone that can help would surely be appreciated.

·
Registered
520 Posts
itzalgud said:
Hi All..
Just recently purchased a 1991 Seville SLS and today stumbled on this forum. Lots of good info and knowledgable people here.

I have a question perhaps someone could help with. Before asking, however, I want to apologize for what might be a simple problem to some of you. I'm not very experienced in this type work.

I am trying to add an after market keyless entry (remote door lock). I have all the wiring info except that it says the wires I need to access are behind the driver's side kick panel.

Here is my question. How do I remove the kick panel (carpeting, etc.) without tearing it up. I can find no screws, fasteners, etc holding it in place. I could rip it out with force but I would like to know the right way so it can be replaced intact. I'm sure this is fairly simple....if you know how. Unfortunately, I don't know how. I bought the Chilton Repair Manual for the car but it was no help.

Hry Itz.
Sorry I can't help you with this, but I know someone else will shortly. My comment is, when I bought my Eldorado I went and got a Chilton's for it. And it didn't take long to find that it wan't much good. Go to Ebay and get a factory service manual for your car. It will be worth more than what you spend for it.
Bob

·
Registered
121 Posts
Don't you have a factory installed keyless entry?
E-Bay has a lot of Keyless transmitters listed.
It's not hard to program the receiver in the trunk.

itzalgud said:
Hi All..

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
usually the way they come off is by removing the sill panel, and any screws running up along the strip that follows the doorframe up the dash. Then they usually pull free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
DaveSmed