Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching for this but no luck so far. My lock/unlock buttons will not work (except for very rare occasions). The trunk button works perfectly every time. I replaced the battery and still no luck. I only have one fob. If I can't figure it out I guess I will have to go with an aftermarket system (which I don't want to do).

Car is an '05 V

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man! Lots of good information there! I replaced the silicone key pad (guessing it was worn out) and everything works great now. I got the replacement from Autozone!

·
Registered
CTS V (05) BMW M-Sport Touring (03)
38 Posts
Darkman should charge a commission..I am a short time board member/owner and am amazed at the help he supplies to everyone that needs it..I was and still am an M5 board member and the degree of knowledge and help available on that board is excellent and our member Darkman certainly elevates this board with his know how and willingness to assist others..

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
991 Posts
Good info as usual!

My keyless barely worked until you got right up to the car and only then when you hit the remote 20 times. Before trying batteries and keypads I got lucky and found a loose connection on the center antenna lead on the rear window. Bent the tabs in a little to tighten it up and now it works from 20 yards every time...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts