Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2001 Deville base
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2001 Deville ..I have no key fob , only 2 keys. One starts the car the other opens the trunk. The ignition key has PK3 stamped on it.. is this the original Key? What would be the cause of it not unlocking the doors. Doors lock when car is put in gear fine. The problem is I have no way to unlock the car doors with the Key I have ... can I get a replacement Key FOB and was there only the one key for the ignition and door on this year model or am I missing a separate door key? I need to lock my car after I park it somewhere... any advice would be appreciated....

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,082 Posts
PK3 is correct and should open the door. If it doesn't I'd suspect the lock linkage is broken or disconnected. You're probably going to have to pull the door panel and have a look.

Try replacing the battery in your key fob before buying a new one.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,659 Posts
I recently bought a 2001 Deville ..I have no key fob , only 2 keys. One starts the car the other opens the trunk. The ignition key has PK3 stamped on it.. is this the original Key? What would be the cause of it not unlocking the doors. Doors lock when car is put in gear fine. The problem is I have no way to unlock the car doors with the Key I have ... can I get a replacement Key FOB and was there only the one key for the ignition and door on this year model or am I missing a separate door key? I need to lock my car after I park it somewhere... any advice would be appreciated....
=======================
can I get a replacement Key FOB
YES - BUT YOU MUST BE CAREFUL - many of the GM fobs LOOK identical -
HOWEVER - there are TWO GM part numbers that will work - 25695954 and 25695955 -

the only difference between these two fobs is the plastic housing -
one has the #1 and the other has the #2 - this is simply for your convenience -
you can use TWO #25695954 - or TWO #25695955 -
the first fob to be matched with the car becomes DRIVER#1 -
and the second fob to be matched with the car becomes DRIVER#2 -

here is a KILLER deal - $11 - for TWO brand new fobs - including free shipping -

NOTE - it REQUIRES the use of the TECH2 scan tool to match the fobs with the car -
ALL GM dealers have this tool - and will charge anywhere between $0 and $100 -
it takes about 10 minutes to do this -
SOME independent shops have this scan tool -
and SOME individuals own them - I have one -

and was there only the one key for the ignition and door on this year model
YES - and NO -
the "regular" key - marked with PK3 has an electronic transponder built into it -
this is for the anti-theft system and is "read" by a receiver in the steering column each time you start the engine -
the same key is used to manually lock/unlock the door -
and the glove box - and unlock the trunk -

originally - there was also a special VALET key - with a gray plastic grip -
the VALET key will NOT unlock the glove box or trunk -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts