Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how you all doing.i was wondering if you can keep the car running,lock the doors and use the key fob to lock and unlock the car.my other car will not let you do this sub. forester and i have a 94 etc:hmm:

·
Registered
2001 ETC Sequoia
878 Posts
I sure can.

I don't have a remote starter, and during really cold winter days I start the car using the valet keys and then lock the doors using the remote key fob. Back to my hot coffee mug inside.

When the windshield ice has melted, I enter the car using the remote key fob to unlock the door of my now steamy hot ride. :cloud9:

Regards,
Warren

P.S. Even though I plan on selling the car in the Spring, I'm STILL giving some thought to adding that remote start thing.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
In my '02 Seville, you cannot lock the doors, with the door open, and the car is running. So what I do, is unlock the doors, open the passenger door, lock the doors, start the car, manually push down the door lock, and close the door. I then can use the fob to unlock the doors.

Don

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ty g for the word i got the car used and dont have the valet keys but i bet it would work still. its is about 4 above in minnesota right now brrrr:hide: ty for not letting me find out the hard way g

1 - 6 of 6 Posts