Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
None
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, how many key FOB's did you get with the truck? I can't remember if I got 2 or not...thanks!

·
Registered
None
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I asked my husband if he ever saw the second key fob, and he never did. I can't believe that slipped through my mind. I emailed my sales guy last night...it's been over 3 weeks since I purchased the truck...it's my vehicle and my husband never drives my cars, so the second key fob never hit me until last night. I hope that second key fob got left at the dealership and they can find it for me....but I think I might be out of luck on this one.

I googled last night and saw that I can purchase a key fob online and then go home and programmed it myself. It seems simple.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
You can't program it yourself. You need to go to the dealer and they will ask for ID and proof of ownership before they program it. Look in your storage compartment in the back or glove compartment as the key can be in there or the dealer's packet they sent you.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
391 Posts
If it's in the car, the horn will make a triple beep every time you get out and close the driver's door. Of course the "beep" feature needs to be enabled.

·
Registered
None
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it's in the car, the horn will make a triple beep every time you get out and close the driver's door. Of course the "beep" feature needs to be enabled.
Thanks for the tip. The FOB is definitely not in the car. I feel like an idiot for not even remembering about the 2nd key FOB. I was so concerned about the vibration issue/buffering that this slipped though my mind. I asked my sales guy and he thought it put the second key fob with the manual books, which was never there.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade ESV Platinum
3 Posts
I Just got my Platinum Esv I 2 weeks ago! Something weird happened the other day my fob was in the car with another 2015 key fob and after the cleaner washed the car he locked the car somehow and couldn't get my car unlocked until i used the app. Is that normal? i called my salesman and asked him why it would lock while the key is inside. He just told me thats impossible, unless the fob died or something which can't happen. could it be that the other platinum key that was with my key inside caused some interference with the locking/unlocking system?
Has this happened to anybody?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts