Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post on the forum so here goes:

I bought a 2011 CTS 3.6 Coupe Manual in August, the singular key FOB I received with the car worked fine until a couple times it would not recognize the key (I have the keyless entry system with the walkup access) and I could not unlock, lock, or open the doors. This has now become a daily occurrence. Fine no problem, I'll just use the blade key to get in through the trunk. When I insert the key and open the trunk, the alarm goes off as if the car is being broken into. Even though I am now in the car, I still cannot start it because the fob is still not recognized. I recently removed all of the FOBs from the memory and re-paired them just to be sure there wasn't anything glitched.

I have bought 2 others key fobs (just to have extras) and all of them either unlock the car after 25-30 presses of the unlock button or simply not at all. All FOB batteries are new and I even replaced two of them with energizer batteries (more reliable than panasonic from the dealer, just out of caution). Is this a receiver problem in the car? Often after driving and turning the car off, I will immediately get a message saying "Electronic key not detected. Restart allowed". I do not know the location of the receiver in the car, I would imagine it is somewhere in the trunk, but can it be easily replaced without programming it?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts