Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repeat Thread but how is it hard to change the key fob battery?. I got a message on my gauge cluster saying to replace battery. Do you have to go to the dealer?.
I have a 2015 ATS with remote start

Thanks.

Dan B.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,916 Posts
Dan,

Easy to change and no need for a dealer. You need a CR2032 lithium "coin" cell. The cover pops off the fob battery area, remove old battery and install new battery. No programming needed.

The only trick is there are a lot of crummy counterfeit coin cells so don't buy one from Amazon or you may well get garbage. Your local Walmart would be a safe source, I order mine in bulk with other stuff from Mouser who is my favorite electronic component supplier. I needed to restock some parts and order a few specialty parts so I recently ordered 10 Panasonic brand from Mouser which were 29 cents each.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey that's great news!!! Thanks Man for the tip!!! I have a new CR2032 battery that is the same in my Apple TV remote that should be perfect. So on the Cadillac key fob where the rubber meets the metal, looking at it dead on. That part pops off I guess?.

·
Registered
2013 Luxury ATS 2.0T Manual
894 Posts
Just about everything uses CR2032. I buy them as 2 packs from Dollar Tree. Those 50 cent Sunbeam batteries last just about as long as the expensive Energizer or Duracell ones at CVS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts