Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have run into a new problem with my CTS. I have 2 FOBs and 3 keys. Both FOBS were working and moving seat and mirror positions with the fobs. The number 2 fob had the trunk button stop working. So I went to very reputable locksmith and ordered a new fob. He had in stock another #1 Fob. He tried to reprogram it, and it did program, but I did not have my other #1 fob to check at same time. When I got home, wife said her fob had quit working. I took it back to the lock smith, and he reprogrammed it and then he could not get other #1 fob to program without lousing up the other one. He discussed we should get a #2 which he ordered. When it came in he could not get it to program on his Smart programmer. He did get my #1 Fob reprogrammed, but the new #2 now would not work or program. Even my old #2 Fob no longer works. I decided to go with just one fob for a while. I have the seats and mirrors programmed for myself on #1 position and my wife on #2 position. I can get the seats and mirrors to change by pressing the 1 or 2 position memory select switch on the arm rest. Since I have only the #1 Fob, My wife has to press the #2 button to change her seat and mirrors. I went into the programming mode of car, and changed the means of changing seating position by key instead of the fob. Here is my next problem, no mater which key I insert, I get no change in seating position. What is going on. Is something in the cars computer, bad not allowing for the programming of the FOBs and keys correctly. or do I have to reprogram the keys themselves to the 1 and 2 settings and can that be done without a tach 2 programmer. Secondly, does the locksmith, have to press the memory select switch from 1 to 2 to program the #2 fob? Or What. Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
878 Posts
During my early days of the CTS ownership, I was told (or read somewhere) that the CTS key fobs had to be reprogrammed by the Stealership. There is some code that only they have in the programmer, which allows for full function reprogramming. Cannot confirm that though, but I know that when you buy a replacement from Amazon or online, they tell you that as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts