Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 05 CTS-V for about 9 months and just as many trips to service. I am trying to convince cadillac to "upgrade" me to a STS V8 1sg all wheel drive. Any suggestions ro arguments either way.

·
Registered
53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
755 Posts
I would do it. STS is more refined any way you look at it.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Its an entirely different class of vehicle. The STS has alot of nicer luxury features than the CTS, such as radar cruise, heated/cooled seats, LED tail-lamps etc., but its also more subdued on the outside and certainly can not compare in the performance department to the 400hp V-sled. Only the STS-V would compete on that level and its thousands more.

It really comes down to the fact you need to take an extended test drive of the STS and see if it suits you.

·
Registered
None
198 Posts
jimbohenson said:
I have had my 05 CTS-V for about 9 months and just as many trips to service. I am trying to convince cadillac to "upgrade" me to a STS V8 1sg all wheel drive. Any suggestions ro arguments either way.
I just got the 06 STS 1SG AWD and I absolutely love it. I agree that it is a much more refined car with many more luxury options, not too mention the Northstar. You definately need to drive it, you will be very impressed.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V and 1998 Seville STS
98 Posts
I have the same dilemma, although my CTS-V as been pretty trouble free, I was still tempted to trade for the STS.

I do love the STS AWD Northstar, my dealer let me have one for a weekend to test drive and I loved it.

It is much more "Cadillac" than my V is, but as I used to drive Corvettes, I love the V for its handling and power more than the STS, and I like the looks of the V better, but I far prefer the automatic in the STS to the manual transmission in the V and the interior is worlds better in the STS.

To get to the point - I didn't trade, still having too much fun with the V, but I think after I have it paid off I’m going to keep the V and get the STS in addition to it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Couldn't be happier with the STS V8! If you're particular about the power look, I mean the V's DO look mean :gun2:. I'm leaning with the previous posts - boils down to personal choice and $$.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade, 2017 CTS V
150 Posts
I'm blessed to have both these cars in my garage and let me tell you they are both great. My cars trouble free and both have there own differences of luxury & performance. The cts-v being faster but the sts is fast 2. For handling i like the zf steering in the sts better but again the cts-v is great 2. The sts is more refined with luxury appointments abound but the cts-v being more of a sports car has good luxury options to go with it and I will bet you the next gen cts-v with 500hp will have about the same luxury options as the sts. So all I'm trying to say there both good cars and it comes down 2 if you want a more refined car and if they will give you a good deal on it or you can keep you V and wait for the next gen V.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts