Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac can be saved in the future by continued purchasing of them. Buy genuine Cadillac parts, not Uncle John's Discount part. Do not give in to smaller cars, or we will all be driving electric cars in 10 years. If we did all drive ecectrics to save gas, THEY WOULD JUST RAISE THE PRICE OF ELECTRICITY.:banghead:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Here, Here!! I totally agree...The libs will bury us in their B.S. about whatever pet crisis they're promoting to fleece us out of our money!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I dont think we have to worry about the conventional engine going away. People talk about alternative ways to power vehicles but I dont see them coming to any of our dealerships in the next 15-20 years.

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
125 Posts
Who wants to drive a hybrid that gets 60 miles to a gallon if you have to give up comfort, safety, your wallet (they ain't cheap) when that SUV right next to me is going to cancel out all my however well intentioned environmental savings in about 2.2 tanks of gas?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I dont even think that there will be any change within the next 30 years, changing to electric or fuel cells. And a lot of people will refuse to get rid of their cars with an ICE. I wont.....

They should just invent a mega air filter!!

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree, I read somewhere that the oil companies want to get about 20 more years out of the petrolium industry. The oil companies are too powerful to just fold-in to hydrogen, electric cars, etc. Gee, why did it take so long for you guys to respond to this great, awsome thread? LOL.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you hear on the news that the gov. is going to mandate that SUV's get an average of 1-1.5 mpg more than currently acceptable. I saw that on the news last night. I am not sure but think it goes into effect next year.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know that all cars must pass a certain amount of gas mileage tests or WE pay a gas guzzler tax. In Canada I think that tax is 2,000 per vehicle, and they work it into the price.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
Not to be overly provincial, but as an American I say drop automotive CAFE to 24mpg... and classify anything with more than a rubber-mat floor, two vinyl seats and an AM radio as the passenger vehicle that it is. That we have different safety standards, emissions standards, and fuel economy standards for passenger vehicles masquerading as trucks is criminal, and any discussion of changing car standards while this loophole exists is hypocrisy of the highest order.

Eco-nuts can jabber all they want about the evils of the internal combustion engine, but until there's a functioning alternative that doesn't simply suck (more) juice upstream, they need to siddown and shaddup.

The harsh reality is that no new powerplant is going anywhere without an energy distribution network. Here in America we have two -- petroleum distillates and electricity, and the electricity network simply doesn't have the capacity or the end-node throughput to satisfy vehicular energy needs. Indeed, out here on the Left Coast electricity has only recently been raised above joke status.

.Jinx

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, and the electric cars will have lots of power, and range---------NOT. I heard about the power shortage in Calif. Is it because of overpopulation, or lack of resources, or ?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Ralph said:
Yea, and the electric cars will have lots of power, and range---------NOT. I heard about the power shortage in Calif. Is it because of overpopulation, or lack of resources, or ?

His Name is Gray Davis!

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is he your Goveneor? I heard something about the power companies going private, and then they could only charge so much from the citizens. But then there was not enough for the overhead on the companies? And therefore a power shortage.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
The power crisis? The people demanded it. We forced the public utility to allow competitors to sell energy directly to consumers -- through the utility's network, of course -- and surprise, the industry destabilized. Then politicians fixed it.

But California power crisis aside, the North American power grid is not equipped and cannot easily scale to replace the gasoline distribution network. Compared to gasoline, batteries suck as a portable storage medium.

.Jinx

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Jinx said:
Not to be overly provincial, but as an American I say drop automotive CAFE to 24mpg... and classify anything with more than a rubber-mat floor, two vinyl seats and an AM radio as the passenger vehicle that it is. That we have different safety standards, emissions standards, and fuel economy standards for passenger vehicles masquerading as trucks is criminal, and any discussion of changing car standards while this loophole exists is hypocrisy of the highest order.

Eco-nuts can jabber all they want about the evils of the internal combustion engine, but until there's a functioning alternative that doesn't simply suck (more) juice upstream, they need to siddown and shaddup.

The harsh reality is that no new powerplant is going anywhere without an energy distribution network. Here in America we have two -- petroleum distillates and electricity, and the electricity network simply doesn't have the capacity or the end-node throughput to satisfy vehicular energy needs. Indeed, out here on the Left Coast electricity has only recently been raised above joke status.

.Jinx
I'm beginning to LIKE this guy ;)

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They just did a feature on the news about the new Honda Civic Hybrid. Anyway, up here the cost of a 4 door Civic is 21,ooo dollars. The cost of the Hybrid Civic is 27,000 dollars. They said to justify the extra cost of the Hybrid, you would have to keep it and use it for 27 years before you would see any gas mileage advantage. I'm not sure how they figured this out or why, but I don't see much advantage to the Hybrid because it is so expensive in the first place. Besides, who wants to drive a four banger?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Who wants to drive a Hybrid? They're F'ugly and gutless. Too exspensive for what you get.......A genuine punkmobile!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Plus....They're just WEENIE cars!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts