Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some problems with this fuse in the past if I moved the lumbar out of range on the drivers seat. Stopped messing with the lumbar, fuse doesn't break. Yesterday, the fuse blows randomly driving on the freeway. I replace it when I can stop, and it pops again when i start driving. Replace it with a 20 amp fuse (it's a 10 by default) and it lasts me until I get home and park, then it pops too.

What are the things this fuse controls (body 2), and what is the most probable of the things that are causing it to pop? I'd love not to see "TRUNK OPEN" when I drive. Thanks!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To the top...
No one even knows where I could begin looking for what "Body 2" controls? Thanks...

·
Registered
1992 Seville
323 Posts
Well I’ll take a shot at it, but the info is based upon the FSM for the 92 year.

The 10A body 2 fuse protects that following items/circuits:

• Power mirror switch
  • Lumbar/Heated seats console switch
  • Two Rap/Illuminated Entry relays
  • Trunk Light/Trunk Lid Latch switch
  • Panel Light Inhibit Relay
  • Courtesy Lights Relay
  • Keyless Entry Module

I think what I would do for starters, in trouble shooting this, would be to disconnect the Lumbar console switch and see if the problem goes away.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would that be a harness underneath the seats or the actual heated seat switch in the center console? Thanks!

·
Registered
1992 Seville
323 Posts
The console switch itself, because the electrical connection to fuse come from the switch. It looks like your going to have to remove the console to disconnect it. The connector is in front of the switch and underneath the console.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a ton cctgene.
The lumbar controls on my 94 ETC are actually on my seats bolster.
I looked under the seat, found appropriate harness and disconnected it - fuse no longer blows instantly when plugged in!

Any idea how to fix the lumbar control switch now? :)

Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
1992 Seville
323 Posts
Not sure what's in the switch that might be repairable. If the switch will come apart, without destroying it, you might take a look see. Most likely your going to have to replace it. You could check with a dealership, but the part may well have been manufacture discontinued or be exceedingly expensive. What I'd probably do is check around with local salvage yards and see if you can locate one. I don't how common this option was, so it might be a hard find. If you can't fine the switch, you might consider replacing the whole seat. You might look in the following site as they have seats listed, for your year, with the lumbar option:

http://car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

If the switch is unrepairable, can't find another, or it's too expensive to fix, just leave it unplugged.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts