Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Cadillacs response:

----------------------
Statement In Response To Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) Report That Cadillac Escalade Has Both The Highest Theft Claim Frequency And The Worst Overall Theft Losses

While we regret any vehicle being stolen, this is clear evidence that the Cadillac Escalade is in high demand. Thieves follow market trends and target the most popular vehicles because they offer the best market for stolen vehicle parts and illegal export to other countries.

Other vehicles are stolen at higher volumes than Escalade. Highway Loss Data Institute tracks theft losses by counting the number of claims by make and model comparing it to the number of each make and model insured.

Escalade is equipped standard with multiple security features, including; audible theft-deterrent system, laser-etched VIN plate, PASS-Key theft deterrent, and OnStar's stolen vehicle tracking system. OnStar receives an average of 400-500 calls per month from GM customers requesting assistance in locating their stolen vehicles. In terms of locating stolen vehicles, OnStar provides Escalade with a clear competitive advantage.
-------------------------

They sound kind of excited, like this proves Cadillac is the Hot car to own

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT
85 Posts
Let them b*t*h*s come and try, I got Onstar and Lo Jack with early warning so if my truck starts without the key pass I will get a text messages telling me my vehicle is being tampered with. I also had and another gps system installed where I can log on from the computer and kill the ignition while sitting at my desk. Also track it myself with turn by turn directions that are sent via to my cell phone. Plus two kill switches and a switch to disable the fuel pump. They can break into it and take parts but they can forget about taking my EXT but if some how they do they wont get far, I will just kill the ignition or let Onstar slow it down until it comes to a complete stop. Oh yeah you f***ing crooks im ready for ya and one more thing I carry my 9mm almost everywhere I go.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
One way to prevent people from stealing your Escalade was discussed here some time ago - where people were buying a little metal piece in Home Depot that fit right into the key hole.. Now if your battery dies in your key fob, you're in trouble.. But, if you keep a spare battery around, you should be okay.. That discussion is around here somewhere with pictures and all...

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV
360 Posts
Those will all deter your average every day crooks, but the big time boys are smarter than that.

Disconnect the battery

Tow the vehicle

No one ever questions a tow truck driver. Lojack, Onstar and Car alarms are all useless with a disconnected battery.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade (sold) 2011 radiant silver CTS-V
429 Posts
Those will all deter your average every day crooks, but the big time boys are smarter than that.

Disconnect the battery

Tow the vehicle

No one ever questions a tow truck driver. Lojack, Onstar and Car alarms are all useless with a disconnected battery.
what about a back up siren?

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
Let them b*t*h*s come and try, I got Onstar and Lo Jack with early warning so if my truck starts without the key pass I will get a text messages telling me my vehicle is being tampered with. I also had and another gps system installed where I can log on from the computer and kill the ignition while sitting at my desk. Also track it myself with turn by turn directions that are sent via to my cell phone. Plus two kill switches and a switch to disable the fuel pump. They can break into it and take parts but they can forget about taking my EXT but if some how they do they wont get far, I will just kill the ignition or let Onstar slow it down until it comes to a complete stop. Oh yeah you f***ing crooks im ready for ya and one more thing I carry my 9mm almost everywhere I go.
I guess I am not alone :) You sir, are doin it right for 2009.

·
Registered
85 Posts

Disconnect the battery

Tow the vehicle

Your wrong, Lojack comes with its own power supply that can last hours if your battery is disconnected. You can't stop these crooks from stealing your truck but you can get it back much faster.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade AWD
1,025 Posts
This is all good advice. Any 02-06 Escalade in stock form sitting unattended is an invitation for crooks to steal it. Passlock and OnStar is a joke, so is the factory alarm. A well adjusted flat screwdriver and a pair of wise grips is all that is required to take off with your truck, almost as fast as if it was your own! Unplugging the OffStar takes a few seconds, and doing so doesn't disable the truck at all. I installed 2way alarm and remote start, battery backup siren, and disabled the factory disarm wire from the oem door locks cylinders (added a hidden switch sumwhere...). I like the 9mm option, but that's illegal here (heck so is stealing cars!!!).

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Holy mother of all thread bumps! :histeric: Good on ya for using the search function. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Really, is it that easy to unplug Onstar, it sucks how you depend on these companies to help protected your stuff and they make them easy to disable. Well I still have Lojack and my own personal gps tracking system plus a remote starter disabler, they will never know how to disable that. I think you guys need to look into remote starter disabling. You can disabe the starter no matter where your truck is and guess what, I just got the software put on my mobile phone so I no longer need my laptop. I can disable my truck while I'm at IHOP eating on a late night via moble phone.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade AWD
1,025 Posts
I got out of the 12volt business in 2005 (after 10+ years installer and shop owner) and those systems were just starting to be available here. But we were not allowed to install the ignition cutoff or starter cutoff via remote activation on any vehicule (Canada only). I tho those were pretty nice features. Onstar is a great OEM system, its weakness is that its installed in the same location on all escalades, and unpluggin it doesnt disable starter or ignition. Unlike an aftermarket system like Lojack (which I'm not familiar with), when properly installed, takes a bit of time to locate for the thief and yanking out the whole thing will most likely disable starter, ignition, or other options.

From experience, you want to avoid those crooks to get inside your truck. Its unreal the damage they can do with their "tools" trying to get a vehicule to start!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts