Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)
1,667 Posts
Katech said:
Ok, if we can't link to the forum, at least what replaces the "*****" in the link? I tried katech and it didn't work.:crying2:

By the way, I think this rule s***s. This forum is for us, other forums I belong to do not have this rule.:cookoo:

Please PM me with the link.

·
Registered
CTS-V
238 Posts
50 4Ever said:
Ok, if we can't link to the forum, at least what replaces the "*****" in the link? I tried katech and it didn't work.:crying2:

By the way, I think this rule s***s. This forum is for us, other forums I belong to do not have this rule.:cookoo:

Please PM me with the link.
Perhaps I can give you some helpful hints that don't violate board policy...
Let's see, its a forum (it has forum in its name) and its about corvettes. Its broken up into subforums, and the subforum is about C6 Z06's.

Still no good. O.K., if you do a good search of corvette and forum you may find it.

Hope that helps.
Brian R.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
daytripper said:
Perhaps I can give you some helpful hints that don't violate board policy...
Let's see, its a forum (it has forum in its name) and its about corvettes. Its broken up into subforums, and the subforum is about C6 Z06's.

Still no good. O.K., if you do a good search of corvette and forum you may find it.

Hope that helps.
Brian R.

I can count on one hand the times I have looked into the other section on this forum. I post here because I know all you guys from CTS-V mod discussions. The same reason why people post items for sale here. It's the only section some of us visit.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Katech, nice pictures. If he is keeping the stock exhaust you might suggest that you guys install a switch to control the baffels in the mufflers, so he can drive around with them open or to work as designed (to open at WOT).

I'm just guessing, but by upgrading the pistons I would say he is getting her ready for a supercharger, since the stock pistons are about at the max now.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
50 4Ever said:
Katech, nice pictures. If he is keeping the stock exhaust you might suggest that you guys install a switch to control the baffels in the mufflers, so he can drive around with them open or to work as designed (to open at WOT).

I'm just guessing, but by upgrading the pistons I would say he is getting her ready for a supercharger, since the stock pistons are about at the max now.

:thumbsup:
We would like to keep the system as-designed so it is quiet at idle.

It's not getting supercharged. Stock pistons max what? We have 11.4:1 CR and 12.0:1 CR LS7 pistons.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Katech said:
We would like to keep the system as-designed so it is quiet at idle.

It's not getting supercharged. Stock pistons max what? We have 11.4:1 CR and 12.0:1 CR LS7 pistons.
The pistons and rods in an LS7 are not designed for the extra forces created by a supercharger under race conditions. The last I heard LPE, I think, had an LS7 torn down waiting on pistons from GM.

A friend of mine put a switch in his to control the baffels so he could either have them closed or open. It was just a suggestion. If it was me, I would install electric cutouts. Personal preference.

:burn:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
50 4Ever said:
The pistons and rods in an LS7 are not designed for the extra forces created by a supercharger under race conditions. The last I heard LPE, I think, had an LS7 torn down waiting on pistons from GM.

A friend of mine put a switch in his to control the baffels so he could either have them closed or open. It was just a suggestion. If it was me, I would install electric cutouts. Personal preference.

:burn:
This engine is getting the 11.4:1 pistons but they will be cut for valve reliefs so around 11.2:1 compression.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
urbanski said:
we're not allowed to link to that forum here....
maybe you can just re-do the post here? It would be best placed in the Lounge.
It's okay. LS1Tech isn't primarily Cadillac-related so it's alright to link there... Furthermore, we've never had a single incident of spam from their owners or members. They're good..

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Katech said:
I'd love to, but the image limit makes it very tedious. Is it possible that can be increased or eliminated? We all have high speed internet now right?
Let me know which image-limit you're referring to and I'll take care of it. PM me, please.. As a Supporting Vendor, you shouldn't have a problem..

·
Registered
339 Posts
slk230mb said:
Wow, how do you know you need more power after 12 miles?
Because if the question is "Do I need more power?"

The answer is always "Yes!"

/followed by someone saying "You're DOOMED"
//then thunder

1 - 20 of 41 Posts