Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a couple weeks ago, got bored and hungry, took a ride down some curvy back roads to a nearby town for takeout.
Not far from home, I come up on a car that suddenly brakes and swerved to a stop on the shoulder. I was only doing 45-50 and was a good distance behind, so I swerved around him and went along my way. No biggie.........
Soon I'm clipping along at a rather "spirited" pace, and next thing I know, here's that car flying up on my tail. Quickly. Thought I was getting hit. He continued to do so several times, wildly throwing his arms around out the window and flipping me off. No idea why, I did nothing to this guy. I hammered it to get away from him figuring he'd give up and go away, but when I caught up to some traffic, there he was again. Kept up the same actions, but now I had nowhere to go. Nowhere to pass on this road. Wasn't armed that day (of all days not to carry..), so I wasn't pulling over. I had to put up with this crap for 10 more miles until I whipped into a State Police post near my destination, and he kept going, still with the wild gestures as he passed by. As I watched him disappear, we went on our way as well.

At that time, I got a good look at the car, an old BMW 318 hatchback you don't see many of. Kinda' unique.

Fast-forward to a couple days ago, passing through a small "don't blink" village close by, I happen to see a bunch of County Sheriff's cars on a side road, and a crummy little car nosed into a swampy pond. I had to turn around for another look.

It was an old BMW 318 hatchback. Yes, that one. Turns out he was so drunk he could barely walk and talk, and he has a long record of similar incidents. Hopefully he gets locked up for a bit.

I guess I got pretty lucky that first day, but since I got a good laugh seeing the results of his bad karma....... Hopefully there won't be a next time.

·
Registered
96 FWB
747 Posts
New Ad:
Stop the senseless harm and tragedy to old foreign compacts.
........................Drinking And Driving Don't Mix!..........................

Drunk - Doped - Buzzed - Distracted drivers apparently don't care about themselves or others, so maybe a good campaign for getting them to care more about their car's safety? ?????

Couldn't hurt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts