Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the K&N intake for my '03 and i gained 3ish miles per gallon and notice-able increase in power. Not nite and day different but good stuff when you lay it down and hear that low grumble it didn't have before. Worth the money for sure. I read on the forum that it would be loud, whistle sounds ect.. I have none of that, air off/radio off just listening and no weird sounds at an idle or at highway speeds. Forgot who told me about the seller on ebay express but that guy saved me 40 bucks, thanks, sorry i dont remember who ya are!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also just installed my K&N, actually finished 15 mins ago, but on an 07 3.6...I love the sound of it too, that throaty grumble at low rpm's is greatttt...the only thing is that I couldn't get that fricken "power steering bolt" out so I didn't install the support bracket that came with it...maybe I'll do that down the road if it becomes a problem.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS
742 Posts
love my k&n!!

Attachments

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Isn't there an aftermarket CAI we can install that doesn't do anything to our warranty?
K&N advertises that they will NOT void your vehicle warrenty. I think they are the only one that says it...
YOu can get ANY of the CAIs and they dont void your warranty.....:thumbsup:
sry flip, wrong... my dealer said to steer clear of under the hood, i told him there is a company (K&N) that says they will not void the vehicles warranty, and he said, "well then, u just bring that paper that says that in with you and there should be no problem" ...

I also just installed my K&N, actually finished 15 mins ago, but on an 07 3.6....
thanks for the tip best Mod for the $$$ so far!
love my k&n!!
Did any of u K&N intake owners receive a certificate or something that said it wont void your vehicles warranty?

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS
742 Posts

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
sry flip, wrong... my dealer said to steer clear of under the hood, i told him there is a company (K&N) that says they will not void the vehicles warranty, and he said, "well then, u just bring that paper that says that in with you and there should be no problem" ...

?
Im never wrong:thepan: Dealers also tell you that the Nav cant be installed in our car if it didnt come that way....Sorry Kid...your dealers an Idiot:eek: Now go punch him in the balls, go finish that damn paper you keep talking about, and stop tellin me IM wrong:want: :D

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
my paper? submitted that shit in long ago... got my the grade yesterday! YEAHHHHHHHHH haha good stuff, made it with like 45 seconds to spare (they have a countdown clock to show u how much time is left / increase ur heart rate and blood pressure)

...well, i hope ur right ... i cant punch him in the balls, but can tell them that FlyFlip420 said they're wrong. lmao

are u referencing that Magnessium-Moss law thing?
( ^^ YES I KNOW THATS NOT WAT ITS CALLED BUT I DONT REMEMBER ! )

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
lol sry sir. HEY my essay was decent... pulled my grade down to a B though =/ ... w/e we dont wanna jack this dude's thread ;) !!!

i checked K&N's site, they said for the 3.6L CTS, they got 14 hp increase... we only got 8 hp from the dyno on the great intake challene....
anyone else get more than 8?

robert said it maybe that they tested it at the flywheel -- well if thats the case, w/e, but if its at the RWs, maybe K&N gives more hp??
anyone with a 3.6 wanna dyno their car with a K&N and also without it?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts