Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 V blk/blk,fg2,Borla (Sold)
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the drop in filter and can comment vs stock? Also, previous owner had installed a skip shift solution that set off the CEL (not sure what type it was) and the dealer took it out when it was being serviced to eliminat e the light...does the CAGS or others have problems with trigger of CEL?

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Anyone have the drop in filter and can comment vs stock? Also, previous owner had installed a skip shift solution that set off the CEL (not sure what type it was) and the dealer took it out when it was being serviced to eliminat e the light...does the CAGS or others have problems with trigger of CEL?
There are CAGs eliminator devices available that are trouble free. You can also eliminate the 1-4 shift with an aftermarket tune.

Since an OEM air filter already flows more air than a stock throttle body can use non-OEM air filters will not add horsepower unless you have changed or modified the stock throttlebody. Generally speaking, OEM air filters are better protection for the motor against contaminates than non-OEM air filters. (The only exception I know of is not available for the CTS-V.)

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
with that ^^^^ said alot of people on here run (K&N) type filters...either with a CAI or building their own intake tube and using the replacement pnl K&N filter....

I searched for about a week reading different thread before I made up my mind....you can see in my sig that I have a homemade intake tube and K&N filter so I'm bias:shhh:

I also have a ported TB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts