Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I have to say is wow. Very nice car for the money. I was looking at an EX model and with all the options and everything that comes standard you just can't beat a price of $19,341 with a stick. Kudo's to Suzuki :yup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
All I have to say is wow. Very nice car for the money. I was looking at an EX model and with all the options and everything that comes standard you just can't beat a price of $19,341 with a stick. Kudo's to Suzuki :yup:
never heard of one

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
It looks pretty decent.. I didn't see any leather in the pictures, though. That's odd.. All that wood inside and no leather? Not bad, though.. Everybody's trying to get into the luxury game these days.. That's good..

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
Up north we get a rebadged version called the Chevy Epica. Looks decent but could probably use some more grunt.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I read about the Verona in Poular Mechanics this month. It does seem to be a very nice car. I would buy it if I was looking! The local dealer advertises it with 7 yr., 100K warranty!

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
davesdeville said:
All these low end companies trying to make luxury cars.. blah.
I think the same thing was said about Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti. Ya gotta keep an out out on them all.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
I was just wondering what the recent talk about all these low end brands (Kia, Suzuki etc..) is doing... it's like going to a Porsche or Lambo forum and seeing them talk aobut a Mustang GT or a Camaro and stuff.... just seems wierd and out of place....

....although these low end companys are doing pretty good at entry-level luxury.... although I can never accept Suzuki as a car company, IMO they are more bikes and personal things (ATV's, dirtbikes etc...)

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Looks very nice with leather. :p

Well, Rick.. We talk about all kinds of cars - especially ones that are trying to sneak up on our territory. :D If there's a Mustang or Camaro that's handling nearly as well as a Porsche or Lamborghini - and running just as fast - they'd be talking about it. :D

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Night Wolf said:
I was just wondering what the recent talk about all these low end brands (Kia, Suzuki etc..) is doing... it's like going to a Porsche or Lambo forum and seeing them talk aobut a Mustang GT or a Camaro and stuff.... just seems wierd and out of place....

....although these low end companys are doing pretty good at entry-level luxury.... although I can never accept Suzuki as a car company, IMO they are more bikes and personal things (ATV's, dirtbikes etc...)
If Honda can do it why can't Suzuki?

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dave383 said:
what's the size of the engine??
2.5-liter, in-line 6-cylinder, 24-valve DOHC engine
Horsepower: 155 hp @ 5,800 RPM
Torque: 177 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 RPM

Porsche helped develop the engine with Daewoo, but as you can see Porsche didn't lend a helping hand in performance

·
Registered
04 CTSV 500rwhp, 96 FTS-V T56 previously, 95 T56 Impala SS
433 Posts
Only 155hp in a straight 6???? :eek: :confused:

There are 4 cylinders that put out better numbers than that, and probably get better gas mileage too...

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
toomanytoyz said:
Only 155hp in a straight 6???? :eek: :confused:

There are 4 cylinders that put out better numbers than that, and probably get better gas mileage too...
My Spec V has a 2.5 I4 with 170 hp and 180lb/tq. The Verona does the 1/4 in 17.9 sec. So if you want this thing to have some balls then either don't buy the car or throw on nitrous!

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
Its an extremely practical choice for a midsize sedan. Its not a "luxury" car, but its good to look at and probably does fine around town and on highway commuts. I'd strongly consider one if I wanted a FWD sedan. I'd probably take the Mazda 6 though.

Interstingly, the Verona interior looks very much like the Mazda Milennia.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts