Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.2
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member and a new CTS owner. I have lived in S Florida all my life. Took deliver on Friday before Wilma hit us direct. I parked the CTS between my other car and truck hoping to keep it safe. A six foot tree was sticking through the other car when I walked out after the storm. Unfortunately my 3 day old car now has paint chips from the broken glass flying from the other car in a few spots.

I bought the car for my wife as we both just fell in love with the CTS. Cadillac has found the perfect balance between performance and comfort with this one. I bought it for her but I manage to pry it away a few days a week.

Now I just need to start adding some personal touches. I am looking for a good quality door sill in a brushed finish to avoid scratching with logo if possible. Anyone who could give me some good links for any accessories would be appreciated. I am just starting to research my options and do not know many reliable companies to deal with.
 

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Check out our supporting Vendors. Look thru the different threads. A lot of good helpfull enthusiasts here who will gladly chime in with info. Enjoy and Welcome.
 

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
Joined
·
4,023 Posts
Welcome! And bad luck with Wilma! I hope it is covered and can be fixed.

Well, might as well introduce myself too. I been posting for a few weeks now, but maybe it is nicer to introduce myself.
Well, I am from Holland, but I currently work in Hamburg, Germany for Airbus. Yes, that big European Boeing competitor... Anyways, I am a technical design engineer and I love aerospace. In fact, I was almost an airliner pilot for KLM. Spent some time in USA for my Polytechnic study in Calofornia. Also did some work there illegally (well, i was apparently not the only one). Also worked on the JSF project at Lockheed-Martin in Ft. Worth, Texas.

Anyway, I got my cashmere 2003 CTS here in Germany since april this year. It had 40K kilometers (25K miles) on it and very clean and neat. Just like new. Since I was in California in '97 I fell in love with Cadillac. The first car I ever had personally was a '77 Sedan DeVille. Tan on tan. I had license plates made for it: CHEASY, since it had a cheese color, I am from Holland (cheese country), and it was an 'old men car' (cheesy and take it easy). That's a long story and I got lot's more to tell, but I'll keep it short this time. One license plate I took home, the other one was left on the car when i went back to Holland. There's a lot more to it, but maybe I'll tell you later.
The other license plate, ironically, was stolen along with my briefcase out of my current CTS. I told about this theft in another thread.
I had three more Cadillacs, as one was wrecked; i bought another '77 SDV same color! and a '64 CDV and a '70 Eldorado from the insurance claim. Both got towed away when I was back in Holland and never saw them ever again.
When I was in flight academy in Tucson, AZ I bought my current '70 Eldorado from Stockton, CA and drove it all the way to Tucson. I shipped that one to Holland and I still have it. Love it!
So I am the HAPPY owner of two Cadillacs. Now that is quite extraordinary in Holland. Like I said before, there are not many CTS's in Europe, so you feel quite exclusive in this car. Very special. I get lots of compliments and questions on the car. People just don't know this car over here.

So, since I still have my residence in Holland and work and live in Hamburg, I make long trips every month. The Autobahn is a driver's paradise. Just not on Friday nights when everyone is going home... I actually get the chance to test the CTS to its own speed limit. Though, I have to ease on that, because the gas prices... dang!

I found this site, because I needed some information on the dvd player and google brought me here. I stuck ever since, because i find this group of people very friendly, funny and helpful. And at least I can talk about Cadillac in a way I cannot over here...

So there you go.
 

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
Joined
·
4,023 Posts
TripleOught said:
hmmm...raises the curiosity level a few notches...
Ok, atfer my study (actually, thesis for my Polytechnic at a California company) I went back to California to work there, using my contacts I made at that company. It didn't work out the way I planned, but it was a hell of a life experience, including doing work for $7 an hour and sleeping on the bare carpet for 2 months. Just what I needed, because I was accepted at the flight academy and i wanted to get some more life experience before I would step into e serious life as an airliner pilot. So, in that I succeeded. But I had no green card, so it was not legal...

TripleOught said:
so what did you find? where did the limiter kick in?
I had it tick twice at 250 kmh (155Mph) in the beginning. But since it was serviced for the faulty AC compressor it ticks at 240. Have to say it still handles very good. Better than my 70eldo which also can go over 130Mph but starts acting very instable at those speeds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,306 Posts
70eldo said:
Anyways, I am a technical design engineer and I love aerospace. In fact, I was almost an airliner pilot for KLM.
Love aerospace also..and if it wasn't for this law thing I would be an airline pilot myself...still have my FAA ratings though....couple of my buddies are ATPs...I stayed in the aviation game though (former in house attorney for largest US aerospace insurer, firm used to represent Airbus here in the states...currently represent P&W jet engines, helicopter manufacturers and aviation component parts manufacturers)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,306 Posts
rm2077 said:
I am looking for a good quality door sill in a brushed finish to avoid scratching with logo if possible. Anyone who could give me some good links for any accessories would be appreciated.
Welcome...and the best looking sill I've seen is the one DubbedStealth has on his CTS. Here is a pic of the front. He used the sills that are on the STS...Check out his page on cardomain and you'll see the ones for the rear....He is linked to my page on cardomain also, as well as SDMarineguy and some other forum members...you can get some ideas of what we've done...West Coast style....lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Welcome, Im in the same boat I just bought my CTS in early October I also live in S Florida, then Wilma came I have a few scratches all around from flying shingles but I took it to the dealer (Williamson) spoke to my salesman he still kissing a$$ for the survey he's gonna have it all buffed out for me for free. Go to your dealer see what they'll do for you
 

·
Registered
CTS
Joined
·
1,485 Posts
rm2077 said:
I am a new member and a new CTS owner. I have lived in S Florida all my life. Took deliver on Friday before Wilma hit us direct. I parked the CTS between my other car and truck hoping to keep it safe. A six foot tree was sticking through the other car when I walked out after the storm. Unfortunately my 3 day old car now has paint chips from the broken glass flying from the other car in a few spots.

I bought the car for my wife as we both just fell in love with the CTS. Cadillac has found the perfect balance between performance and comfort with this one. I bought it for her but I manage to pry it away a few days a week.

Now I just need to start adding some personal touches. I am looking for a good quality door sill in a brushed finish to avoid scratching with logo if possible. Anyone who could give me some good links for any accessories would be appreciated. I am just starting to research my options and do not know many reliable companies to deal with.
Where in So Florida? I'm in Cape Coral (Fort Myers).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,306 Posts
Bishop, check out Dubbed's post in sills survey...those sills are his..came from the STS..here are the part numbers

Front p/n 10364658
Rear p/n 25762034
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top