Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
07 quicksilver
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just wanted some input from some members that have some experience with my problem. I currently have captain chairs for the 2nd row. I like it a lot. But since having my first son who is only 6 months old in the 2nd row seat behind the driver seat, my wife is having a hard time reaching over feeding and tending to him while she is sitting next to him. So I've been thinking about maybe switching to 2nd row bench seats, but have not made my decision yet. Has anyone have some experience with this? I have read some posts about the switch and still have some podering issues. I will prob have a kid in the next 2 years or so, but by then I will prob switch to an esv :) Thanks for your input

·
Registered
Escalade
6 Posts
How often do you feed him in the truck? Does it merit a change? I have a 7 month old son and if it's time for a feeding she sits behind him in the 3rd row, leans over and feeds him. I prefer the bucket seats. it's easy for my 9yr old to get to the 3rd row and they look good.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I think it would be a pain because the whole floor is different with the trucks that have the second bench row. Plus if your captain chairs are powered, it would be a pain to remove and hide the motors/wires. You shouldn't be feeding your baby in the truck anyways. Pull over and feed him.

·
Registered
07 quicksilver
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JP thats a really good idea!!! I never thought about feeding him from the 3rd row LOL Will try next time. I thought the 2nd row bench was also powered and heated on the lade? thanks for your input guys. Also I do not have any older kids. So going to the 3rd is usually adults which I fold the seat down anyways. The space in the middle seems to be only wide enough for younger kids, but not adults. From my understanding the bench seat is a direct swap in place of the the buckets..

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I am not a fan of the center bench personally, but I could see with small kids it maybe easier

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V
76 Posts
My experience with a Yukon XL was that the center bench worked very well when the kids were young, and the center position seemed safer for an infant if side impacted. But, I sure would have appreciated the split seats as they got bigger. You know the old "don't touch me" sibling arguments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts