Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so there is a ton of information and misinformation out there on shocks. I need to know the definitive answer to keep the original ride. What shocks do I get. For a 2005 Escalade, are the fronts part #19300046 and the backs part #19300047...... I have read and studied and asked but I am so confused.

Heres a pic of my front and back shocks, these numbers dont seem to work when trying to find shocks. Any help will be appreciated. Before you get upset I did google and searched this website. I do NOT want Passive shocks, I want the original ride. Thank you so much.

P.S. I do not need OEM, but I want the same response and ride as OEM. I know others make shocks that fit but people like Arnott, have to add a resistor to make the dash message go away.

Attachments

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
If you want oem ride quality the only shocks that will fit the bill are oem or the monroe shocks of same quality

No other shock will give the factory ride like the oe shocks

Delphi shocks are made by monroe just a fyi

·
Registered
Escalade
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your talking about 40034 and 40044, right? Will those be plug and play and work correctly? Thanks

·
Registered
Escalade
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are the ones I told you about, I was going to buy from Amazon, but they wont ship them. So at least I had that part right. I was going to buy Arnot kit, but it changes to passive so no to that.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts
Factory ride = OEM shocks. The factory shocks for my Tahoe are $500 each for rear and $250-ish each for the front. It hurt to by them, but I also wanted the factory ride.

......That's all..

·
Registered
Escalade
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any of you tried Arnott Air Suspension AS-2708? It says it is a direct plug and play, no resistors. works as original.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
lowco8 said:
Any of you tried Arnott Air Suspension AS-2708? It says it is a direct plug and play, no resistors. works as original.
Yes my experience has been very pleasant, no issues what so ever, and i tow often

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade Ext
29 Posts
the cadillac man said:
The links I posted will work with your truck plug and play as my truck is a base escalade
Quick question: Do you know If there's a big difference between the Monroe 40034 and the AC Delco 580-457?

I have a '03 Ext and I'm in desperate need of new rear shocks. The bags on my oem shocks are rip to shreds from a one time overloaded transport

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
p8dnful said:
Quick question: Do you know If there's a big difference between the Monroe 40034 and the AC Delco 580-457? I have a '03 Ext and I'm in desperate need of new rear shocks. The bags on my oem shocks are rip to shreds from a one time overloaded transport
The Monroe shocks are pretty much the same hardware wise as the factory Delphi/ac delco shocks
Overloading your truck isn't good on it in more ways then just the shocks so be careful if you do that again

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade Ext
29 Posts
the cadillac man said:
The Monroe shocks are pretty much the same hardware wise as the factory Delphi/ac delco shocks Overloading your truck isn't good on it in more ways then just the shocks so be careful if you do that again
So basically the only difference would be the $100 in price?

The overload was a one time deal that big me in the ass. I was renovating my 4-plex and loaded my truck and my brothers F-150 with 3 pallets of tile each. Didn't think that 3 miles would do so much damage. I'll load pics of the shredded bags once I take them out

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
p8dnful said:
So basically the only difference would be the $100 in price? The overload was a one time deal that big me in the ass. I was renovating my 4-plex and loaded my truck and my brothers F-150 with 3 pallets of tile each. Didn't think that 3 miles would do so much damage. I'll load pics of the shredded bags once I take them out
Yep

Wow I knew these trucks could handle a lot but dang
I have to ask did you hear a loud bang once the truck was loaded?(if so that was your shock bladders going bye bye)

I had those cement cap blocks loaded in my car once(79 Chrysler Córdoba) and worried about my air shocks(aftermarket) blowing(that would have sucked as they was new)

Keep in mind to use a trailer with loads like that to prevent future damage to the shocks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts