Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is hard to steer sitting still. Tried turning back and forth with cap off got a litter better but still not right. Please help

----------

It a 04 cts and feel hard in curve and steers fine when accelerated

·
Registered
2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2
526 Posts
Car is hard to steer sitting still. Tried turning back and forth with cap off got a litter better but still not right. Please help

----------

It a 04 cts and feel hard in curve and steers fine when accelerated
So the steering feels really stiff in corners or turns? And do you mean when accelerating through a corner?

There could be air in the system. Sometimes you have to do it a few times if you don't do it right the first time.

I know there was a recall on the first gen cts (all years to my knowledge) for the power steering rack and pinion. Do you know if that work has been done or no? I highly doubt an 04 has yet to have that work but it might be something you want to look into. You can find this out by calling GM/Cadillac dealership or GM headquarters directly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently had ecm replaced and they checked on recalls and it only showed ignition recall. Steering is tight in curves and seems to straighten up out of curve and really tight sitting still

12,778 Posts
I recently had ecm replaced and they checked on recalls and it only showed ignition recall. Steering is tight in curves and seems to straighten up out of curve and really tight sitting still
Hello jjordan75,

Have you had the ignition recall completed? If not, I am happy to contact your dealership to facilitate this process on your behalf. Please send me a PM with your full name, VIN, mileage, phone number, and the name of your preferred dealership if this is of interest. Have a great evening and I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 4 of 4 Posts