Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I just received 2009 Thunder Grey CTS-V and I'm very very excited it.

I drove 45miles already and have 2 questions. Yr advice will be helpful for me. :yup:

1. I used to own Shelby GT500, but V does not have whine sound as much as Shelby, acutally I don't hear it. Is this normal? I see PSI goes up when I step on the gas but I do not hear any of supercharger. What is the normal PSI for V?

2. I have "service park assist" on DCI, should I take it to the dealer ?

I very new to the V and I want to make sure she is right and perfect for me. :crybaby:

Thanks

BeastyCTS-V,

·
Registered
2011 "BD" CTS-V, 2010 CTS-V (Traded), 2007 Escalde (Sold)
283 Posts
Hey...congrats on the V. You will love it. Regardgin your questions:

1. Quite supercharger on a stock V is normal. I have heard that if you change the pullies and you will hear the supercharger start to scream!

2. Get the dealer to look at your brake issue.

BTW...search the V forum and check out the V vs. the GT500.

Enjoy

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Cadillac went to a little bit of design effort to decrease the whine of the S/C. With some mods you can bring a lot of that back.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Make sure your rear sensors on the bumper are clean! If raining and the rear gets dirty, it can affect that function.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
1,840 Posts
Welcome, I like your taste in color :D

In case it saves you a trip to the dealer, the cable to the park assist sensors runs along the bottom of the inside of the driver's side rear quarter panel. Perhaps it's something as simple as a connector needing to be reseated.

Enjoy your new "bimodal bullet!"

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts
Congrats and may you have many safe miles driving and enjoying your new V in only the best of health!

As an aside, I see you are referring to the V as "her"... I look at this beast and after having it since Feb. this year, I definitely come away with the impression that there's a definite masculine quality to its character and presence... so I refer to the V as "him"!
BTW, kudos on the color as well! :yup:

Best regards,

Elie

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Welcome, I like your taste in color :D

In case it saves you a trip to the dealer, the cable to the park assist sensors runs along the bottom of the inside of the driver's side rear quarter panel. Perhaps it's something as simple as a connector needing to be reseated.
Enjoy your new "bimodal bullet!"
Yes, very good suggestion.

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
971 Posts
Congrats and may you have many safe miles driving and enjoying your new V in only the best of health!

As an aside, I see you are referring to the V as "her"... I look at this beast and after having it since Feb. this year, I definitely come away with the impression that there's a definite masculine quality to its character and presence... so I refer to the V as "him"!
BTW, kudos on the color as well! :yup:

Best regards,

Elie
Garfin, what was the color of your "him" V again?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm overwhelmed by your welcoming !!!!

Thank you so much!! I'll make sure I take good care of her, or him. :) :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts