Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A nice shiny red one with matching shiny rims. I didn't hear any exhaust so I assume it was bone stock. We lined up(only ones at the light), my rear passenger(200lbs) was saying he was eye-ballin' pretty hard. I was ready in PD mode with the A/C off. We took off from the light, me just a little faster than him(not racing yet) just to show him I was wanting some...he was about up to my front fender when I saw him nail it. Again my rear(200lbs) passenger said..there he goes...so I nail it(about 3k in first). By second gear he was back where he was before he nailed it...3d pulled about a length on him. I went into 4th but he must have shut down about half way thru that gear.
Both my 200lb passenger(another street "driver") and myself agreed it was an auto and bone stock. But I think the V did well considering the ~350 lbs I had on top of the heft the V has over the C5s and my only mod being the Volant.

So far I've also taken a GTO with exhaust(at least) an M3(stickers on it) and a '99 'stang(few mods). My only loss so far was to a buddy's WS6 with full exhaust/cam and a tune and that was only by about 3 or 4 lengths from a dead stop and not even a full length from a punch when given the go.

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
Nice Kill!
I ran up to 160 a few weeks ago with a modded C5, manual. I was able to stay out in front of him about a car. The V seemed to pull out on the C5 more as we went into triple digits.

·
Registered
131 Posts
willsctsv said:
Nice Kill!
I ran up to 160 a few weeks ago with a modded C5, manual. I was able to stay out in front of him about a car. The V seemed to pull out on the C5 more as we went into triple digits.
Same experience here, as soon as you get into the triple digits and the C5 just starts to fall back faster.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Blacksport350 said:
Same experience here, as soon as you get into the triple digits and the C5 just starts to fall back faster.
Superior top end breathing of the LS6

I wonder how the 06 LS2 will do against a C5

·
Registered
2005 Redline CTS-V
53 Posts
Just a good tip, I do a lot of track days and started using a camera mount that works great and is expensive, look at stickypod.com.

I used it on my Austin Healey and my 2004 GTO, now looking to this season and the 2005 V!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts