Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham, 02 STS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased this car and cannot find any quality used/aftermarket chrome parts. I am completing the body work hopefully by next weekend and will have it painted the week after that. I need a new rear bumper (chrome) and the chrome panels at the bottom of the doors (all around the car) i don't know the correct name for them. I have found a couple single pieces of these on ebay however the sellers want $300 + for each (USED??!?!?)

Hope someone can direct me somewhere or has some of these for a reasonable price. Any info would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,688 Posts
They are EXPENSIVE. I sold the rear quarter panel chromes when I parted mine out for $100 each. And that was on the low side. It's crazy.

Send TheFleetwoodGuy here a PM. He's got a few parts cars, and is pretty good about helping people here out. :)

What about the car? What color is it? Interior? Does it have the sunroof? Tow package?

:postpics:

Welcome to the forums. You'll enjoy it here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will look him up. I will post pics once the car is done at the bodyshop. I believe the color is called Med Garnet Red Metallic. I purchased it off of some old lady, honest :) it was parked in her yard and she was not driving it anymore. However it needed some TLC. It runs great, I have cleaned and undercoated the entire vehicle, purchased a K&N air filter and replaced all the fluids. The interior is MINT however the exterior was not, I am going to see if the bodyshop can go a shade or two lighter on the paint or use a pearl coat on it as I really dont like the current color(s).

I was searching on here for some info on increasing horsepower, i see some threads on tuning the ECM with a Tech 1. did you do anything like that? Would you suggest?

Also, I have to replace the mufflers and tailpipes, any suggestions other than Borla? I am not a fan of Borla had an issue with them and my Escalade exhaust years ago.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,688 Posts
I'm not sure what to recommend for mufflers for you. My wagon has a Magnaflow muffler and I really like the sound it makes. But it's also got no cats or resonators, so it's louder than stock and then REALLY nice and loud when you'r on the gas. There are lots of options with headers and exhausts for your car. Anything that works for an Impala SS works for your car.

I've never tried the whole PCM tuning thing. You can order a cable and do it yourself with a laptop, or send it off to any reputable tuning shop (PCM4Less is one that I've heard about, but again I've never delved into that realm of the car world... too broke LOL).

·
Registered
78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)
1,150 Posts
I just purchased this car and cannot find any quality used/aftermarket chrome parts. I am completing the body work hopefully by next weekend and will have it painted the week after that. I need a new rear bumper (chrome) and the chrome panels at the bottom of the doors (all around the car) i don't know the correct name for them. I have found a couple single pieces of these on ebay however the sellers want $300 + for each (USED??!?!?)

Hope someone can direct me somewhere or has some of these for a reasonable price. Any info would be much appreciated!
hi there I can get you all the parts you need, here locally there's a yard that just acquired quite a few 93-96 Broughams and they're pretty much all there. I know of a 94 that has the bumper intact no missing pieces or anything. Wish I had taken pics when I went this Saturday. I sold a 77 rear bumper to a fellow member here that came from this yard and was shipped (in 2 boxes) to the east coast. If you're interested I can call and get prices for those pieces and rear bumper and I'll let you know, through here your topic or by PM. I'm in El Paso, TX If you're interested let me know....

·
Registered
78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)
1,150 Posts

Interested still??? or did you get your parts already?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am still interested .. sorry was on vacation. I just need the rear bumper and if the front fenders have the moldings on them i am looking for them also.

I have all the chrome pieces around the car but the previous owner (older woman) had them screwed on. some of the plastic pieces underneith are broken also. I am not home and not sure what pieces i need of those at this time. and i dont know if they can even be re-used. ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts