Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overall great shape. This is my first caddy and already love the ride and power. Couple of questions if you can help.

1. The radio (Bose Gold) is shot. Makes all kinds of squealing noise with little to no station volume. This either has to go or be fixed. Is it worth getting fixed? How hard is it to replcae the head unit on this thing. I know that the Bose has powered speakers which can be a pain.

2. Is there a way to decipher the messages on the computer system. I am getting a CCR message and a Service Engine soon light. Without taking this in to a shop can I see what codes appear and determine what they mean?

Here is a small pic from the front. Just a few small dings and scrapes.

Thanks!

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Nice car. I had a problem with my 1991 radio, and I had them put a new circuit board in it, and it turned out to be a defect from the factory. It would have been a lot cheaper to go with an aftermarket Pioneer or something, but I wanted to keep it original.

CCR is computer command ride, and I wonder if you have an air leak in the rear. If so, you can opt for "passive struts" and they likely would de-activate the computer. Or it might be the valving in the front struts.

To de-code the messages, go the sticky at the top of the "Electrical" forum and it should still be there...

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts