Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008 STS V8, 2009 SRX 4WD V8
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a '99 STS last week (81,000). It rides like dream and I love it! So far there have been a few problems:
- front drivers speaker doesn't work (Bose). It emits a steady crackling noise but no other sound
- long, thin light along edge of the trunk doesn't work
- washer fluid wouldn't spray. I noticed that the reservior was empty so I filled it. Fluid still would not spray. The next morning the fluid reservior was empty, so there must be a leak

Any advice?

I'm selling '92 STS (131,000 mi). Runs fine.

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
873 Posts
Check ebay for the bose speaker you need, it should be an easy replacement.

The light should just be a bulb, but I will look at mine for further review.

The washer fluid is most likely clogged nozzles. Can you hear it trying to spray when you hit the spray option?

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
The rear brake light can usually be rebuilt. It's a strip of LEDs, and the bulbs are "non replaceable". There are a few guys out there who can do the work, though, without you having to purchase a completely new unit from Cadillac (which is your only other option). Check here:

http://www.ledfix.com/

Interestingly, every Cadillac BUT the 1998-2004 Seville is listed. You may wish to contact them directly.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

Actually the brake light concerns me the least of these three problems.

The speaker must be replaced I assume. Could it be a fuse? Could just one speaker be effected by a fuse?

The washer reservior concerns me. It's in a pretty tight spot. It seems like it would be tough to squeeze it out of there. Is this a job I could do myself? Would a dealer be likely to charge alot for this?

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
Cadillac seville sts/ srx
27 Posts
no the speaker is shot mine blew made the same noise the voice coil is shot if you remove it u can shake the speaker and it will sound a little like a tamborine... get one off ebay cuz they charge way too much at a dealer

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
Beware there are two different dash speakers for a car with Bose. The small speakers on the side of the dash (2) and the larger center channel speaker (1). I assume that because of the size difference in the grille, the center speaker having a larger grille, the center speaker is physically larger.

That box on eBay does appear to be rather big to be one of the smaller dash speakers.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How long ago did you pay $80 for the speaker, Iametarq?

I just contacted gmotors.com and this is what they quoted me:

Parts
1 SPEAKER (25717924) $118.56
1 SHIPPING (UPS GROUND) $11.00

Total Cost $129.56

Is this what you orderd?

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
2000 Dev, 94 FW (crushed), 96 FW Limo (sold), 95 SLS (sold)
367 Posts
If the whole brake strip light is out, you are probably in luck as it is likely just a loose wire somewhere. What sucks is when just a few of the LEDs are out. An irritant not really worth the cost to fix.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts