Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything is great except for one thing. Driving last night we noticed a rattle when driving over bumbs. I found it seems to be the back deck panel where the subwoofer is mounted. If you tap on that panel, the whole things makes a cheap noise. Are you all experiencing this?

I would think that panel would be a little more sturdy and quiet. Makes me wonder if they forgot to put foam or something under it. Thinking about taking it back to the dealer to see if there is something they can do. Its cheap sounding when driving on a bumby road.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium w/20" chrome
481 Posts
Everything is great except for one thing. Driving last night we noticed a rattle when driving over bumbs. I found it seems to be the back deck panel where the subwoofer is mounted. If you tap on that panel, the whole things makes a cheap noise. Are you all experiencing this?

I would think that panel would be a little more sturdy and quiet. Makes me wonder if they forgot to put foam or something under it. Thinking about taking it back to the dealer to see if there is something they can do. Its cheap sounding when driving on a bumby road.
You have a brand new car with an annoying rattle...take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
First Congratulation!

There are some minor issues but most of them can be fixed. Create check list and gather information in this forum before visiting your dealer.

·
Registered
2008 Black Cherry CTS4 - FE2, J55
205 Posts
I had this problem when I first got mine and the dealer put some foam (I think) and tightened a screw on the subwoofer and its been fine since.

-Mark

·
Registered
2009 CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. My CTS has an appointment at 7:30 tomorrow morning to have the TSB done for this. You would think that rear deck would be a little more stable than it is. I think they are going to add foam to the deck and subwoofer.

·
Registered
2009 CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the dealer fixed it and it lasted a few days and its rattling again. So i guess we are gonig back. I can't believe the rear deck and side panels are so cheap feeling. The panels that go along the sides back to the corner of the window just flap. Not fastened at all. Are others like this?

·
Registered
CTS 08
302 Posts
Well the dealer fixed it and it lasted a few days and its rattling again. So i guess we are gonig back. I can't believe the rear deck and side panels are so cheap feeling. The panels that go along the sides back to the corner of the window just flap. Not fastened at all. Are others like this?
Yup.

·
Registered
2009 CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2nd time worked. Thankfully they had a guy there that used to install car stereo's and has worked with rattles and vibrations. He foamed up the deck and C panels as they call them. All is nice and quiet now. I told him he should submit a TSB for what he did. You can tap on the side panels (C Panels) and no more rattle. Deck and subwoofer are nice and quiet.

Sorry no pic's yet. I'm sure it looks like all the other Black 2009 CTS's.

Its my first Cadillac and I must say, it is a nice car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts