Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2015i Platinum
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery today of my new 2015i Platinum - Crystal Red/Black (custom ordered on 9/1/2014). Still digesting the many features, settings and 787 pages of documentation. My first impressions are very positive (more detailed report will follow).

However, as I worked my way through all the CUE settings I noticed I have no "Rear Camera" menu option under the "Vehicle Settings" main menu. The front and rear cameras seem to work fine, but no 360 degree display. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The backup camera works and if you go from reverse to drive the front camera will come on: as per the manual. But, no menu selection for settings and no 360 degree view.

·
Registered
2006 Cts
17 Posts
I know after a certain date the car was built they started doing 360 degree so it depends on the build date I believe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
8-Speed, but it shifts so smooth I can't count all the shift points, build date was 3/18/2015.

Update on the the 360 degree view....its there! I just took it for a night drive to check out the night lighting and as was pulling in to my garage I could see the door frame as I was pulling in. During the day with the small display and lack of contrast I couldn't see any objects of either side. I estimate the side cameras are showing maybe 3-4 feet on a side. The Rear Camera settings menu is still missing and the manual shows the following functions are supposed to be selectable:

"Rear Camera"
Select and the following may display:
- Guidance Lines
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Rear Park Assist Symbols

I'm checking in the morning whether any of these features have been placed in some other settings menu, but didn't see them on my first pass (I also saw a CUE software version displayed, I'll post that tomorrow as well).

The night lighting is great, but as others have pointed out, the low beams are so bright I was flashed several times.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
You should see a satellite view of the car on the left side of the screen in a split screen configuration. Right side of the screen shows the front or rear camera. Post a picture so we can see if it's normal or not.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
I believe everything after Nov 2014 had the 360 cameras.
Mar 2015 definitely should have had the 360 cameras.

12,778 Posts
Good morning thill2,

Congratulations on your new Platinum! I can understand how this situation would be troubling and I would be happy to look into it from my end. If you could please PM me with your VIN, we can further discuss your concern.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I believe everything after Nov 2014 had the 360 cameras.
Mar 2015 definitely should have had the 360 cameras.
All Escalades built starting October 6, 2014 to present has the 360 camera option. thill2's Escalade should have the 360 camera system, however it may not be operating to factory specifications. If it is not working properly, he should take it in ASAP for the dealer to repair it.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
To make it easier for thill2 to determine if his truck has the 360 option and it's operating correctly...the screen should look like this:

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Cue system in the Escalade does not have the "Rear Camera" setup option ..... nor does it have the "Teen Driver" setup option. Also, the "Vehicle" section only shows if the car is started or is in the Service Mode. That took me quite awhile to figure out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the input, but as I said earlier in the thread, I discovered the 360 camera mode was working I just didn't pay close enough attention to the side images. With no objects on either side and given the images contrast, color and resolution I thought the left split screen was a facsimile and not the real image. Too illustrate, the images below show: Rear View, Front View, Rear View Cross Traffic Alert and Rear View from in the garage. Until I pulled into the garage near the wall, the side views look blank unless you're near an object (that's the goal), or you watch very closely for image movement on the sides which is very hard to see if the surrounding area is uniform in color and texture. I think the camera's resolution is the same as I see in my 2012 Escalade; not bad, but better would be nice.

As I pointed out earlier and as gm747 also found, the "Rear Camera" option is no longer in the menu. The "Rear Cross Traffic Alert" has been moved to "Collision/Detection Systems" under the Vehicle menu, but options for "Guidance Lines" and "Rear Park Assist Symbols" appear to have been removed. The CUE software version on my vehicle is 23228505.

View attachment 298465 View attachment 298457 View attachment 298473 View attachment 298481

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Looks like you need the cameras replaced or if you have the newest cameras you will simply need the dealer to do the software update so the right side of the screen goes into full view instead of having the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Do you know if there is a way to get the 360 degree camera on model made before Oct 2014?
There are hardware differences and software differences from what I was told by GM Engineering.

For one you would need a different front grille to house the front camera. You would also need to replace both side view mirrors...it would have to be done by someone that knows what needs to be updated like a GM tech with GM dealership equipment. I don't think this is a project for the at home do it yourselfer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts