Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished school and I need to get a new car. I have wanted a V since I sold my SS camaro 3 years ago. I am finally make enough to afford a V. I wanted to know if they are a reliable car if I am going to put 20k miles a year. I am planning on getting a 2005 with under 25k miles. I have to take clients around occasionally and wanted to know if that was a good car for the job. I have also been looking at Audi A6, Infinity M35, or a Jaguar S-type. How does the V stack up? I am a financial ad visor so I need a car that is still conservative but also shows success. Do you think this would be a suitable car for the purpose?

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Will you pay me $250 to find you one? :D

Just kidding- The V is a great car for what you want. Every attorney, financial advisor or insurance adjuster I know drives a Mercedes or Jag, so I say be different. Besides, people can say whatever they want about American cars' resale, reliability, blah blah blah..... people see a Cadillac and they immediately assume that you've made it. People's first reaction when I tell them what I drive is always something to the extent of, "Woah....business must be good!" :D

You will never find a car with as much Jekyll and Hyde as the CTS-V. It's a professional looking, smooth car with an above average interior when driven easily, but an absolute beast when driven hard.

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
My wife drives it as a lawyer everyday. It always impresses people. Its her dd. Doesnt really have any problems. I drive it when we go anywhere. in a little over a year we've put 17,000 miles on it. It been in the shop for one strut, nav buttons, i broke arm rest, and for xm problem. The rear knock on wood is quiet. Im also trying to find time to install a new uuc shifter. Thats it. i love the car because its nasty fast but has class.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reconfirming me. I have been obsessed about these cars ever since they came out. I know they had issues with the rear end has that been solved and should it have been fixed under warranty? They were going to use the same rear as the STS-V in the fix right?

·
26,239 Posts
Some people still have problems with it, while others don't. It's definitely a weak link in the drivetrain, but if you don't wheelhop the car you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
IMO, if your trying to be professional, and take clients around. They will hear the clunk, and the squeaks. Especially since with clients the windows are up, the ac's on, and the radio is off. They are going to hear and feel all the clunks. IMO if your trying to be a classy professional, dont get a manual, and get a more boaty sedan.

·
26,239 Posts

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
IMO, if your trying to be professional, and take clients around. They will hear the clunk, and the squeaks. Especially since with clients the windows are up, the ac's on, and the radio is off. They are going to hear and feel all the clunks. IMO if your trying to be a classy professional, dont get a manual, and get a more boaty sedan.
I agree, to an extent....playing devils advocate you could also hit the throttle a little harder and impress your clients by having them think your a manly man :p by having the 400horses....who knows, drive what you like, especially if 80% of the time you'll be by yourself...but if your always going to have people in the car buy a 7 series or something.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
How about a 300C SRT-8? :thumbsup: 425 hp, automatic, and slightly longer wheel base!

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
the 300 in race trim is a pretty ugly car. Let him post and show off how ugly they can be.

Gald the V looks much better then that when all set up.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
:food-snacking:

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Go with the V. How often do you take clients out anyways. Its not all day everyday. Who is going to be driving also? YOU! Don't buy the 300 just because there is not clunk. It's not that bad. I have learned how to drive so it is almost not there. Its all shifting at the right RPM's. You will be fine. Just when they are not in the car do me a favor. "DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT". It is one hot ass car and a great conversation peice. They are more rare any of the other cars that you mentioned and you will love talking about it. Also make sure you get a stealth gray (not only more rare but faster) You will love showing it off. And lets face it. Many high end clients that have gone on some type of business trip and rented a 300. None have rented a 6spd Caddy with a suprise under the hood!.

Gene

·
Banned
Cadillac CTS-V
197 Posts
That's just a plain stupid thing to say. Go buy a V, I use it for work all the time and there are no clunks :thepan:

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
I dont know why people put that kind of stuff up urb. do u?
To get a rise out of you guys.. funny how easy it is to do that on the internet (especially in the V section).... He asked for opinions, I posted the competition..

Personally, I am buying a CTS-V next, but then again I don't have to put clients in the back seat of my car. I cannot sit comfortably in the back of my friends CTS.. but I could sit comfortably in the back of my Dad's old SRT8 Charger.

If he is carrying clients.. wouldn't that be an issue?

FYI, you can rent a CTS just like you can rent a Chrysler 300 C or Charger.. but the SRT8/V versions are available for rent.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts