Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a couple reasons I decided not to go with headers so I got the direct replacement cats. Hopefully they add a nice tone to the car and bolt right up to my B&B x pipe.
For those who have used them did you notice any power improvements?

Next week I am shipping my computer off to StealthV for calibration of my cats, exhaust, and More intake. I can't wait

Dave

·
Registered
No GET-RAG or GM products
637 Posts
Two V's dynoed on the same dyno and same day - 30 minutes apart. One bone stock, the other with Corsa, RT cats, and K&N drop in. Difference in horsepower between the two, 2 horsepower. Both cars were running stock pcm tunes.

Granted, we did not have a stock pull for the modified V.

GT

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Hey, wait a minute...is this the thread on the boobs again? Nope? Must be about the inadequate diff, or some other silly dealer nonsense...nope? Wrong again?

Ohhh...it is about the same cats I just ordered up. Maybe they won't be able to perform better than stock...but I'll post the results no less. Sure, I'll probably miss the headers and x-pipe B&B...but the silence will be welcome for a time...

and no, Joey'sVee, I don't expect you to understand :hitstick:

(Time to uncork some wine, I can see the forum will be fun tonight)

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
wildwhl said:
Hey, wait a minute...is this the thread on the boobs again? Nope? Must be about the inadequate diff, or some other silly dealer nonsense...nope? Wrong again?

Ohhh...it is about the same cats I just ordered up. Maybe they won't be able to perform better than stock...but I'll post the results no less. Sure, I'll probably miss the headers and x-pipe B&B...but the silence will be welcome for a time...

and no, Joey'sVee, I don't expect you to understand :hitstick:

(Time to uncork some wine, I can see the forum will be fun tonight)
:yawn:

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
sounds about right, I was +4 with Corsa and RT Cats. Lots of cash for minimal bang....

F

·
Registered
145 Posts
Did either of them have headers? THAT is the biggest restriction by far to this car's performance. The guys with the corsa and RT guy went 9 yards and expected the 1st down. You need the entire package to see the gains.
Someone post the graphs. He might have only gained a peak of 4, but I would love to see the graph comparison. :rant2:

Remeber one thing: Numbers don't mean a thing. It's the area under the curve (useable power) that makes ALL the difference in the world when it comes to performance.

Here is one of our other projects on 8.5 PSI. Stock is 140whp & 155wtq

For granted, 245 at the wheels doesn't seem like much, but add this with a 2900lbs car, put back some of the timing (we pulled some to be safe), lean out the A/Fs to 12.5 across the board and voila, now we run low 13's. This car runs a 103mph trap at 8 PSI. The turbo is just getting warmed up. She is mapped out for 12-14 PSI.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
RossRacing/Dave -

Keep us posted, please. I'm curious to see what you net (would like to see the curves if possible).

WW - trying to make the most sleeper V possible. You never know when a M what or AMG who will pull up next to you.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
All the better...since I have a Maggie and unless you're going to do headers, I'd like to see how we measure up.

So, the V's taking a nap, and probably the Harleys too...whadya drive when it is cold out?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will get my computer back from StealthV just before Christmas and the cats just after the new year. Then it is straight to the dyno. I will share the numbers with all of you.

Stock was 333 rwhp and 322 tq on a DynoJet. Wish I could have gotten some pulls with the exhaust and CAI before tuning

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
wildwhl said:
WW - trying to make the most sleeper V possible. You never know when a M what or AMG who will pull up next to you.
I'm having trouble getting the AMGs I find (which aren't easy to find mind you) to run with me. Haven't fonud an E55 yet, but I've come across a few others (SL55, etc.) and I can't get them to run. They are like in their own little world it seems and they don't even notice...

I may lose, but dammit--I'm convinced that, at a minimum, I will run with the bastige...:gungrin:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts