Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS-V, 500HP+ 99 Vette
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well dropped in to see my buddy Manny for a while and he added my new H&R
springs with front Z06 endlinks, PFadt adjustable rears and rear shock spacers.
I could not wait until spring!

I was going to add some Hotchkis sways like on my vette but decided to hold
off but the car seems to handle very well without them. Corners are tight and
body rolled is definitely less. H&R springs are a great product and quality.

Took a few photos of the install and the new final ride height, handles great and
love the new lowered stance :D Thanks Manny!

Next to go on is clear corners, clear foglights and new GM rims with Nitto NT555
tires that a patiently waiting in the basement.

Spring install.

Z06 endlinks installed.

Pfadt adjustable endlinks installed.

New Stance with rear Shock spacers installed.

Lowered around 1.2" front and 1" rear.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V sedan, 08 SRX4
132 Posts
Looks great! Being somewhat of a newbie are the endlinks required? I'm wanting to do H&R springs within the month before I buy new wheels /tires

·
Registered
'05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys
1,070 Posts
does just springs basically take the OEM shock travel out of its range and bouce like crazy and wear it out quickly?

seems like a matched spring/shock combo or coilovers would be the better way to go, no?

·
Registered
2004 Raven Black CTS-V
135 Posts
Do you have FE4 shocks? If so, how do you like the H&R's with the FE4's? Debating on picking up a set of FG2's to put on with the H&R springs, MM spacers and Z06 endlinks sitting in the garage!

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
612 Posts
Fastone: No they arent required.

JDB: Short answer, no and yes. It's more complicated than that.

CI-V-IL: I have H&R's on FE4's and think the ride is just fine. I have a very lengthy post on my impressions of the H&R springs on this board somewhere.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V, 500HP+ 99 Vette
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put the Z06 endlinks on the front, many who have dropped the car say they have broken the OEM ones as they are longer then the Z version.
The Z version is much more solid with thicker metal body, the backs dont need to be changed but I put in the Pfadt adjustable anyways as stock
looked wimpy.

The spring does not take the travel out of the back due to the shock spacers used on the top end move the shock higher and back to its original
height/position as if stock. The fronts are more beefy springs and is not dropped as much like the rear should be no problems.

I have had no problem with the ride height yet, no rubbing etc, ride is a bit firmer but handling now is so much better then stock ride height,
the shock on the fronts are 25772234 cannot remeber what type that one is?

I have some Nitto 555, 275/40/18's going on the rear soon so hope to have no problems with rubbing will find out soon.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
I have some Nitto 555, 275/40/18's going on the rear soon so hope to have no problems with rubbing will find out soon.
Did you mount these yet? I was planning on going with stock size nt-555s in front and 275/40 NT-05s in the rear.

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
stance looks great
I have had no problem with the ride height yet, no rubbing etc, ride is a bit firmer but handling now is so much better then stock ride height,
the shock on the fronts are 25772234 cannot remeber what type that one is?

what do they look like?? this is FG2:
FE4 no dashed lines

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V (Blk, 6spd, Recaros), 2007 Cadillac CTS-V (sold)
717 Posts
OP, stance looks awesome! Did you go with normal spacers or the MM spacers? any creaking/noises etc to date?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts