Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
How is the quality? Think they will hold up to Michigan road salt?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
188 Posts
How was the install? Easy? I should get my set tomorrow or Tuesday. I can do it in my driveway/garage wiht hand tools?

They look GREAT on your car. I can't wait!! :2thumbs:

Cheers!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wow, Thats what I have been looking for, I have bought a few different rolled tips and had to return them because there was no way to make them work without permantly welding them on. I usually pull my polished tips off in the winter so for me that was not an option(Road Salt). What did they run you with shipping and where can I order up a set? Thanks in advance! Oh yeah, looking good! :coolgleam

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
188 Posts
What follows is the e-mail response to my inquiry to the manufacturer...

Our initial shipments of the 2004 CTS exhaust tips will be shipping this week.

You had expressed interest in purchasing a set of these tips at the introductory price of $140. per set which includes shipping and insurance. The quantities available are limited so please e-mail me your decision by Tuesday, 12.30.03, so we can complete your transaction by Wednesday, 12.31.03.

If you are ordering you will receive info from Paypal to complete the ordering process.

For those not purchasing now, we have already placed another order with the manufacturer for delivery in late January, however, the parts will be more expensive.

Please have a safe and happy New Year, and I am looking
forward to hearing from you.

Ben Thurmond
Automotive Upgrades

This is the place making and selling the tips. Mine should be here Mon or Tues. Can't wait.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CTScop said:
How was the install? Easy? I should get my set tomorrow or Tuesday. I can do it in my driveway/garage wiht hand tools?

They look GREAT on your car. I can't wait!! :2thumbs:

Cheers!
Thanks for the feedback.

They come with a clamp for the basic install and all you need is a flat blade screwdriver. It looked ok like this but I took it to the local muffler shop and had them welded for $20. They did a little triming to keep the end of tip flush with the rear bumper at my request.

The pictures I posted are prior to my muffler shop trip.
Going for the V look.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just looked in the photo album, at your angled shot. Still lokks good but do you have a full side shot, I am not sure if I like how the tip looks almost as if it is just floating and not connecting to anything. Just curious if its just that shot or if it truly looks like that from the side too. How much did you pay for the tips?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Neoflex said:
Just looked in the photo album, at your angled shot. Still lokks good but do you have a full side shot, I am not sure if I like how the tip looks almost as if it is just floating and not connecting to anything. Just curious if its just that shot or if it truly looks like that from the side too. How much did you pay for the tips?
It looks like the inside top of the tip attaches to the outside top of the exhaust pipe. Since the tip is larger, it extends further down?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
c5 rv said:
It looks like the inside top of the tip attaches to the outside top of the exhaust pipe. Since the tip is larger, it extends further down?
It does look a little different now that its trimmed back and welded. I haven't taken any post mufler shop pics.

The floating effect is still there, remember all the exhaust plumbing is factory flat black and exits the rear bumper at an angle. The only way around this without restrictions is this angled tip approach.

Another alternative is to forget the tips and have a muffler shop build a custom pipe that extends from the muffler with the tailpipe size you want. This will cost less than you think.

I will post additional side shot pics.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
The heck with tips. I wonder what a set of Flowmasters or Borla Stingers would sound like? Hmm... My wife would kill me.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
c5 rv said:
The heck with tips. I wonder what a set of Flowmasters or Borla Stingers would sound like? Hmm... My wife would kill me.
Yea, I thought about that, but decided to keep that quiet Caddy ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If anyone is interested in these Automotive Aftermarket tips, I have a set for sale? I had them on the car for less than 500 miles, and I have gone with another exhaust system. They are still like new, and I will sell for $75.00 shipped (US). Email me if you're interested!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts