Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on the diesel shake and vibration between about 1800 and 2500 RPM, figured the mounts were shot. Installed the CS stage 1 mounts and very happy with results. One of the stock mounts was completely gone and loose, other was collapsed.

Like others I don't really notice a difference in vibration, probably since the old mounts were shot anyway. The other thing, during hard acceleration when I disengaged the clutch there was a very noticeable clunk. I thought it was the rear diff bushing or other drivetrain slop. Turned out to be the motor mount, clunk is gone so nice bonus.

Have axles in a box on the shop floor along with a CS diff bushing I bought a while back. Have a race the end of June so hope I have time to get everything done before then.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
49 Posts
Based on the diesel shake and vibration between about 1800 and 2500 RPM, figured the mounts were shot. Installed the CS stage 1 mounts and very happy with results. One of the stock mounts was completely gone and loose, other was collapsed.

Like others I don't really notice a difference in vibration, probably since the old mounts were shot anyway. The other thing, during hard acceleration when I disengaged the clutch there was a very noticeable clunk. I thought it was the rear diff bushing or other drivetrain slop. Turned out to be the motor mount, clunk is gone so nice bonus.

Have axles in a box on the shop floor along with a CS diff bushing I bought a while back. Have a race the end of June so hope I have time to get everything done before then.
Great info! How easy was the install?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Missed that question... really easy, super easy. PO bought an extended warranty so paid the $100 deductible and didn't even get my hands dirty. Pretty much first time ever though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts