Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
97 ETC x2, 04 GXP, 04 STS x2, 97 ESC, 99 Deville, 05 SRX
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone hears anything in the next short while about Northstar Performance not doing its job.....

I'm one of the main people getting the work done and I am very ill right now. I kept putting it off. Blurred vision in one eye, jaw pain, severe migraines. I'm too busy to go see a doc right now. I wish I had the time. I went in once; after 45 minutes in the waiting area I figured it wasn't that serious. It just keeps getting worse.

I'm always putting my work ahead of my life. I care about my customers. But if I take time right now to see a doc and get this straightened out; it will be as minimal as possible and I will do my best to keep things going regardless of my position.

I want to be around for the future. I'll try my best to explain this to my customers (few cars on the list for HG repair). I lost a production welding job once because I had a severe case of the flu and that wasn't a good enough excuse to have 3 days off work. I have it stuck in my head that illness is not a good enough excuse.

It's difficult to find good; trustworthy technicians otherwise I'd ask someone to take my place for the time being. JoeTahoe.....come for a trip to Ontario for a while.....

I'll be back up and running soon- just please understand if a complaint comes up right now about me not doing my job; the customer has a valid complaint. I'm doing all I can despite the pain. I'll update this post as soon as I'm back to my normal self.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
That doesn't sound like something you want to put off any longer. We have that tendency to say we don't have time, but seriously, what if that is something that should have been caught early? Let us know how you are doing.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,883 Posts
Your health ultimately determines the success of your hands-on business. Get your body fixed - Period. Do it, Jake. It would be grossly unfair for your new bride to be saddled with care for a cripple.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. I'll go to the walk-in clinic tonight. They take patients in after hours and wait times are usually not too bad.

·
Administrator
69,883 Posts
Gut it out. We ALL hate waiting rooms - particularly doctor's waiting rooms.

I hope your Canadian health care system is a bit better than the horror stories I have heard concerning the recently ramrodded "health care" system here in the U.S..

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Obamacare? I've heard more negative than positive about it; but I'm not in a position to comment. I wish the best for America; it's a great country.

Well, we do have good health care in Canada. I've never had to pay for anything when I went to the hospital. But in contrast; you get what you pay for. Doctors are on government salaries. Despite being paid well; they have no good reason to develop a great reputation other than status or pride. At least from what I've heard. I've met good doctors who care about people and want to cure them; and others who simply take their job about as serious as a guy working at a 10 minute oil change facility with no desire of advancing in the field.

I have a vehicle to finish up right now. I hope to have it done by about 5pm.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,963 Posts
I am sorry to hear you are not well.
Please heed all the advise and proceed as you plan.
I know how health concerns can weigh on owners of small business.

In 1983 my uncle was still running a milk route doing door to door deliveries to homes and businesses.
His business was good, but it consisted of his truck and his customers. As a running business, it had a decent value, if no longer operating, he had nothing but a used truck.
He was ready to retire and was talking to several people about buying it, when he started having chest pains.
We all found that out from a customer on his route at his funeral, he never told any of us.
He figure once it sold he would see a doctor.

His three brothers all had bypass operations at about his age (early 60's), they all lived well into their 80's and 90's.

Don't delay your taking care of yourself, business will handle itself.
Kudos to you for being so upfront with all and being a stand up kind of operator.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
86 Bronco, 74 Ford LTD,1999 Deville, 1977 Coupe Deville
305 Posts
Those are serious symptoms & need attention RIGHT NOW! Do you have emergency rooms at your hospitals? If a customer does not understand? Screw em! Those types will probably be a pain after the job anyhow.
There will be plenty of Northstars to fix for a long time to come.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I'm back to work. I've seen a couple of doctors and a dentist as well. A problematic wisdom tooth was causing issues with my sinuses; which was causing the migraines and the pressure around my eye.

It's been dealt with for the most part. I am not in any pain anymore; and I feel healthy again.

I have a HUGE workload to catch up to and I am excited to make my customers happy; if they will continue to give me the opportunity. I've contacted most and let them know but I still worked when I was able to; between appointments. I have not felt this healthy in a long time.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and support. If there's one thing I've learned the hard way over the past few years; SLEEP is VERY IMPORTANT to health. I'm going to get a few hours of rest. 5AM I'm back at it and Brittany and I will be working extra hard for those who have put their faith in Northstar Performance.

·
Administrator
69,883 Posts
Glad you're on the mend.

FWIW, years ago Karen complained constantly about sinus pain, "allergies" and a nagging nasal drip. E N T doctor sent her to the dentist: x-rays - upper wisdom teeth had extremely long curved roots. Impacted both facial sinus cavities. Wisdom teeth gone (nasty surgery) - no more problems.

Better to be (wisdom) tooth-connected than joint or bone problems ............... have a scotch & water tonight.

·
Registered
'99 Seville STS; '96/7 ETC
2,393 Posts
If the Good Lord had intended scotch to have (more) water in it - he's have made it that way!

Old Scottish saying, so I've always understood which, I hope, will raise a smile & lighten the mood.

·
Administrator
69,883 Posts
Johnny Walker needs water. Not so with Balvenie 12 and 15...............:sneaky:

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,009 Posts
I'm a Scoth an soda man. It's fun playing with seltzer bottles.

·
Administrator
69,883 Posts
Remember the black and chrome seltzer bottles you screwed a Sparklet CO2 cylinder into ?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,861 Posts
If the Good Lord had intended scotch to have (more) water in it - he's have made it that way!

Old Scottish saying, so I've always understood which, I hope, will raise a smile & lighten the mood.
======================
I thought Limeys hated Scotch - :stirpot: -
and grog was your adult beverage of choice -

----------

I'm a Scoth an soda man. It's fun playing with seltzer bottles.
========================
It's fun playing with seltzer bottles.
squirting innocent black bears?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts