Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got back from the dyno and I wanted to post my numbers. For the record I never dynoed the car completely stock. The mods on the car are BB Exhaust with Xpipe, Kooks 1 3/4 headers with HiFlo cats, K&N CAI. The temp at the shop was HOT. The temp was reading 98.7 degrees in the shop with 54 percent humidity. I am pretty sure I would have picked up another 5 rwhp if it was cooler but the heat was messing with the timing and the V is a oven that doesn't let heat escape. The air temp was reading i think 101 degrees. Well here are the numbers...:thumbsup: I will have video up real soon. The car sound SO EVIL! I cant wait for my heads and cams:bouncy:

Attachments

·
Registered
05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE
1,596 Posts
You must of had a tune to put up those numbers. Who did it?

Mike

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
So what are the actual numbers and are they corrected?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You must of had a tune to put up those numbers. Who did it?

Mike
It was tuned on Sat by Johan Mangs in Delray Beach FL. He works for Diablo Sport. He just handles LS engines mainly. The car is running great now. I took Nikon for a ride last night and he really felt the power increase.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
...I took Nikon for a ride last night and he really felt the power increase.:thumbsup:
So you gonna show him whats up on the rematch?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So you gonna show him whats up on the rematch?
Well after taking Nikon for a ride in the V last night his drunk ass said that he won't race me now. "it was a long night of hitting the bars down in WPB"...lol :rolleyes: But we will race at Moroso this Friday. My new tires are coming tomorrow "FK-452's" so no worries about the V getting grip...:thumbsup: The REMATCH is on!!! :stirpot:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
besides, anything said Saturday night shall be wiped clean from the record ;)

This is not a excuse...lol:alchi:Race is on this Friday my good very funny drunk friend...:thumbsup:

Rematch is coming Friday...:stirpot:

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
You could clearly add, say, 50-60 more rwhp if you added a tornadoadapter... :stirpot::)

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
You could clearly add, say, 50-60 more rwhp if you added a tornadoadapter... :stirpot::)
...add two and double your pleasure. Hell, why stop there, three deuces was a great set-up, consult your tech to see if you can three, four, five...

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...add two and double your pleasure. Hell, why stop there, three deuces was a great set-up, consult your tech to see if you can three, four, five...
Darren, I dont think I could handle all the power the three would generate... but one can only dream...:cloud9: LOL

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
I hate to pee on the parade, BUT... (I will :D)

It would appear from the graph that this was done on a SuperFlow Edy Current Dyno. The output from that has the ability to be graphed in normal 'edy current' mode or in Dyno Jet emulation mode. Your graph was in Dyno Jet emulation mode (hence the DJWhPw / DJWhTq designation on the graph).

Before my headers, with CAI + FFV, Ported TB, RT Cats, Corsa Cat back + Tune, I ended up with 355/345 in 'edy current' mode, and 385/375 in Dyno Jet Emulation Mode. Note that both of these are using SAE Correction.

See attached graphs.

Note that I did no go back to the same dyno after I got my Kooks Headers. My current results are in my sig.

Bottom line though is that dyno's are subjective. As long as you use the same calibration mod to mod, you'll know what you are gaining.

-Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
CTS-V
672 Posts
Just dynoed my 2004 V that's stock except for K&N air filter. We used a Mustang Dynometer that, according to the operator, is usually 7% lower with readings then a Dynojet. Temperature was 89 degrees. Not sure about humidity, but it didn't feel too bad. Figuring 15% powertrain loss I have the numbers below:

HP: 387 (around 6,000RPM)
Torque: 375 (around 4,850 RPM)

Where's my 405? Guess I need the Corsa.

Feff

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,140 Posts
Figuring 15% powertrain loss I have the numbers below:

HP: 387 (around 6,000RPM)
Torque: 375 (around 4,850 RPM)
So are those the numbers at the wheels, or are those completely imaginary flywheel numbers?

And where are the graphs? Peak numbers are only a small part of the story.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts