Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2003 CTS with 61,000 miles. I am a newbie to this forum and Cadillac ownership. I am extremely excited about the car, and I have lots of questions. I have heard lots of horror stories about late model Cadillac's, and I hope they are all myth's. If someone could help me out with a few simple questions it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
03 White/Diamond CTS (sold)
1,663 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I appreciate the comments. Maybe you can anwser a few questions for me?

I know it recomends premuim, but how crucial is it?

This CTS has a carriage top, can you clean it with conventail car wash?

When I bought the car the "check air bag light was on", it is worth the $100 dollar detucible to have it cleared?

What do I need to look out for, with this year of CTS?

How expensive is it to change the emblems over to chrome?

Thanks again for your time guys!

·
Registered
03 White/Diamond CTS (sold)
1,663 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
clear it yourself and see if it comes back on. turn your car on, press f1 and f6 together and hold. scroll through your codes with the radio control knob. write them down. then clear all codes and see if any pop back up after restart.

·
Registered
03 CTS
359 Posts
3.2L manual states at least 91.

If you hold the F1 and the F6 buttons at the same time for about 5-10 seconds a message will apear on your DIC to clear all codes. If it keeps coming back after that them get it checked to see if you have a problem with you air bags.

And, Welcome.

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
:welcome5: to the forum! Nice Caddy! (Black is def the coolest color. :highfive:)

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I try what you had suggested, and in my nervous attempt, I di dnot write down the codes the first time. When I all the lights came on in the dashboard, I froze. But, I did see two more codes pop up when I cleared them the first time. I know, not very smart not to write them down....

·
Registered
03 CTS
359 Posts
If there is a constant problem with the equipment the light will come back on the next time you start the car. Eg, if you have a bad o2, you can clear it and run with out the light on, next time you start it will be back on.

·
Registered
2009 3.6DI radiant CTS fully loaded
577 Posts
why writing the codes? I didnt understand the f1 f6 thing.... when you push it it shows codes and... what do I do with it? Please do explain.
thanks

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
Throw some D's on that bitch!!!

You should be able to get some chrome Embz off e-bay

1 - 20 of 25 Posts