1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for my front plate

problem is i gotta fix it and have it checked or get a ticket:mad:

so my question is is there a removable one that anyone has come up with??

I thought i read somthing somewhere that you could hang it on the grill or somthing :confused:

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
I think you have succesfully created your own post and talked to yourself the whole time :D

Oh, and I'm really glad TN doesn't req. the front plate.. That just kills the sleak-ness of the car!

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
every year when we take the LS1 RX7 to ocean city for endless summer cruise we just hang it on the grille

put some foam weather stripping on the back so it doesnt scratch anything

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
130 Posts
wonder how those with vette's get away with it? ever seen a 'vette with one?
Yup... in Texas. Usually it isn't an issue. Required, but not fully enforced, except by someone that is on a bad mood, or if you argue with them.

Most Lexus' (ES3xx) don't come with front plates. It's a real game here in Plano (TX) between local police and the 3 gazillion Lexus' running around.

My V is still front plate free. In fact, now that I think about it, I didn't even get a front plate when I bought it. :hmm:

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you have succesfully created your own post and talked to yourself the whole time :D
LOL yeah i should have searched more first :rolleyes:

every year when we take the LS1 RX7 to ocean city for endless summer cruise we just hang it on the grille

put some foam weather stripping on the back so it doesnt scratch anything
thats probebly what i will do

wonder how those with vette's get away with it? ever seen a 'vette with one?
because they are vetts and they are above the law

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
I have never heard of a LEO stopping you just for the front plate missing. My '03 Corvette has over 67,000 miles on it and has never had a front plate.

:thumbsup:
Drive it to a venue at STAPLES cntr.

Bastards make it look like they are pointing where to park.

Yeah, park over here while I give you a ticket for no front plate. :tisk:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Redline
743 Posts
This reminds me of a good story. I used to have a Honda Prelude..... since I drove a ton. Got stopped on 71 hwy in KC and had no idea as to why since I spotted him in time to slow down.

He asks if I know why I stopped him, I reply 'no, actually I am really curious'.

He tells me I have no front plate... it surprised me a little bit but not too much as I had the wheels stolen off of my car about a month before that (stock wheels). I ask him if he minds if I get out to look at them, and he tells me to go ahead.

I walk up to the front of the car and he is right beside me..... and.... I have a front plate.

I put a special grin on my face and slowly turn to look at him.

He promptly apologizes and goes back to fighting crime, which is funny cuz a guy at the stoplight area started to flag him down as two kids were trying to rob a convenience store within 50 yards of where we were. He tackled one of them as I sat there and watched.

Whole reason for this story is... you ain't getting away with it in MO.

·
Registered
Cadillac cts
27 Posts
i've been pulled over by a hwy patrol in my 96 impala for no front plate.yet no plate on the 59 fleetside or my bagged 91 caprice for years now and no trouble.just a roll of the dice i guess.... why do cars look better with no front plate?look fast just sitting with no front. so i have it on the 96 but all my others are rollin with no fronts till i get in trouble for them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts