Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a nice 97' catera and im wondering if anyone knows where to get a body kit for it.. ive seen the steinmetz one but they dont make that body kit. if anyone knows please tell me for i would love to make my catera beautiful like that orange one.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Hi Beatnik.. Welcome aboard.. And thank you for signing up! Unfortunately, there aren't as many Catera owners here as the many other Cadillac model-owners.. But be patient. In time, someone will know exactly what you're looking for and let you know about it. In the meantime, I hope you stick around and become an active member of our community...

Sal C.

·
Registered
106 Posts
What I done with my 97 black cady catera is remove the bottom lights. Put up some air ventilation hose to K&N air filter with custom cold air intake in special hight heat tape it work well and car got way more custom look with out those stupid grany lights + am trying to get some very nice lights for down their anyways. Well, what you can do is custom shave original bumper and make few changes to it it would be way cheaper and faster to make then getting bodie kit. I myslef want to create a special bumper for catera no one would have, shave rear door handles, get custom carbon fiber hood and trunk, get some HID's, custom carbon fiber sport mirrors, lower the car and put it on some split spoke racing rims.

well good luck and I hope you like your 97 as much I like my.

ls1 catera project

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds pretty nice. I was reading reviews of the catera and for some reason everyone is having problems with theres. Mine hasn't done anything yet.. Granted its only a couple weeks its been in my possesion. Ive just installed a kicker stereo system and i am slowly working on customizing the look of the car.. When i finish my car i will post pics. I will be done in about 2 months probably. My friend owns a garage and is a big help with my car.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Cool

their is allot to watch for due to it's being a very diffrent car.
timing belt tensioner replacement as been recalled, coolant, fresh Bosh spark plugs, gaskets, fresh trany oil and filter, power steering hose and fluid, suspension component's, brakes and other common etc's need to be carefull with catera's. What you should do is take out those bottom lights and remove the all plastic radiator cover's. That will get thing run better for free. Keeping cateras runing cool is the key. Also you can remove spare tire which weights about 50 pounds depending on what tires you got on now and what weather conditions you drive on.

good luck dont rush your project I hate seing un proper tuned cateras.

ls1 catera project

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hello did you?

Well get back to me tell me if you where able to take of radiator plastic cover that does not allowed to take off by safety reasons but car works well with out it allowed by more air to enter betwin the two of cateras radiators. Also did you take out your spare tire? If you did talk to me and I got a few more cheap or even free mods on the way.

Catera project

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes i do i got mine from poland 499 plus shipping medium aggrisiveness. def. better than stiemitz go to a place online called carlovin criminals. give me your email and i will send you pics of mine with the body kit. going to car show tomorrow and hopfully win because nothin like it in us

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Army_MP_From_MO