Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
I know color is a personal choice but that color doesn't do it for me. I hope you choose something else. I also hate vinyl tops so if it were mine I would paint the roof either a matching or contrasting color. I rip the vinyl tops off everything I buy unless it is super mint. I always loved the old 67's; the one I fell in love with was dark green with black top and black interior; first class ride.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,738 Posts
I know color is a personal choice but that color doesn't do it for me. I hope you choose something else. I also hate vinyl tops so if it were mine I would paint the roof either a matching or contrasting color. I rip the vinyl tops off everything I buy unless it is super mint. I always loved the old 67's; the one I fell in love with was dark green with black top and black interior; first class ride.
The color isn't bad, but I would probably echo your sentiment on the vinyl top, since Florida heat destroys them.

Keep us posted with pics! That's going to be a sweet ride.

·
Registered
2005 Deville, 1967 Fleetwood Brougham
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
One of my friends said I should sand the top smooth and put line-x truck coating on it. He says it would have a textured vinyl look, but not crack. I dunno about that, but I agree that putting a bunch of money into a new vinyl top, only to have it crack out and go to hell, is kinda a waste. I could put that money into a paint job. I personally like the color. I think its called Capri Aqua or something. If I cant get that color, Id go for good old baby blue. The more I work on this old Caddy, the more I fall in love with it. I have never had a car this old before. They sure dont make em like that anymore. My friend told me "Dave, youd be hard pressed to find anything on that car that says.... Made in China....." He is probably right. 90% Metal, 100% American

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
There is just something classy about those old Caddy's. My friend had a 67 in high school. Everything I touched in that black interior felt like quality. I have loved Cadillac quality ever since then. I don't have a problem with a shiny black top. I think a green car (classic car) looks great with a shiny black top. Since you are keeping the aqua color I think a white top would look nice on it. It's all personal preference so enjoy the car the way you like it.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
A Fleetwood Brougham without a vinyl top is just a Sixty Special. The top is a defining feature of the whole Brougham package!

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,738 Posts
I second the huge NO to the truck lining idea.

If it sounds like it would look botched: chances are, it will.

A white top would look excellent with that color combo. Or paint the roof white, to avoid the vinyl top crackage.

·
Registered
2005 Deville, 1967 Fleetwood Brougham
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
White sounds like a good idea. And you guys dont need to worry. Id shoot myself before bagging it, or lowering it and doing the gangsta pimp B.S. There aint no way in hell I am pimping this ride. :tisk: I love that Cadillac ride, and scraping the frame across railroad tracks isnt what the GM engineers had in mind on this baby.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
You can still get a lot of parts from parts stores for them. Check around. I saw one of those ones today driving around but it was white.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts