Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bouncy:Going to pick up a 91 FWB w/57,000 miles. Will post picks later.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Lucky Man!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I paid the guy tonight...Original owner. I gave him his 5 Grand asking price...Didn't even try to negotiate. Let me know what you think?

This was the ad.....

1991 CADILLAC BROUGHAM 57000 MILES
NAVY BLUE INSIDE AND OUT WITH LEATHER ROOF
5.7 LITER V-8 LOTS OF POWER
AUTOMATIC TRANS. AUTO CLIMMATE CONTROL
RECENTLY INSPECTED
WIRE WHEELS
ORIGINAL OWNER - ALWAYS GARAGED
CAR IS IN GREAT CONDITION AND RUNS PERFECT

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wheelin' and dealin' aintcha! Nice find.
My day doesn't start or end if I don't check ebay and craigslist 50 times. I buy and sell alot of differant cars but the sometimes I find a nice Caddy like this and usually keep it. This is my fleet right now....
07 Infiniti M45 Sport
06 Tacoma SR5 V6
04 Sentra Spec V(Wifes)
99 Accord (New buyer will pick up on Saturday)
91 FWB
80 FWB Coupe
78 FWB

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Looks like a great deal! Does it have the astroroof or factory cd player?

We sound alike! Even though I have a 80 hour/week transitional year residency right now, I still find the time to scour eBay and Craigslist for good deals. The extra cash from these sales helps feed my car addiction and make my '96 Fleetwood better and better!

My Father keeps saying he will keep whatever nice antique Cadillac he buys.. I have yet to see that happen. So far he has kept his 1962 for 3 years, I think that is his record.

·
Registered
68 SDV; 92 Corvette; 95 Deville; 06 Town Car; 15 Sienna
398 Posts
Great deal. Mark my words you'll sell it for more someday.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like a great deal! Does it have the astroroof or factory cd player?

We sound alike! Even though I have a 80 hour/week transitional year residency right now, I still find the time to scour eBay and Craigslist for good deals. The extra cash from these sales helps feed my car addiction and make my '96 Fleetwood better and better!

My Father keeps saying he will keep whatever nice antique Cadillac he buys.. I have yet to see that happen. So far he has kept his 1962 for 3 years, I think that is his record.
No astroroof or CD, pretty much a low option car outside of the 350 and wire wheels. The only reason I grabbed it so quick was it's condition and my infatuation with diplomat blue Broughams. This car is the twin of the one I used to drool over on Smith Cadillacs showroom floor (I was 11 at the time) on my way home from school.

I've been doing this for so long that nobody even asks when I come home with a differant car anymore. I've also made the claim "I'm gonna keep this one". So far the only car I've kept longer than 12 months is my 78 FWB. I've had it since 10/02.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Wait a minute... I just remembered hearing from "Ultra Slow's" website (the one with the '80 FWB w/ the 500) that 5.7L Broughams could not be ordered with wire wheels because they could not stand up to the torque and would buckle. Yikes! But I also read that the dealer over-rode that dilemma with some special-order wires. Are those original?? Because if someone just switched them out, you might be in for a real nasty surprise one day.

Here are his words, about his Brougham: (from his website)
"The other item this car has is the RARE Cadillac Wire Wheels. I say these are rare as they are 15x7" wheels, not the little 15x6 that you see on the Cadillac's that have real wire wheels. Since the 5.7 had some guts and was designed to carry a load, you could not get the real wire wheels on these cars. You could on the 5.0, but not the 5.7 unless the dealer put them on. The reason being as you would twist them into a mess as they are not strong and really are little in width and strength. These wheels are however different. The previous collector ordered these from Appliance, who made the GM wheels wire wheels for the Cadillac Fleetwood/Brougham. These were built to proper looks spec in 7" width and the ability to handle the torque and towing capacity of this car. Spokes are a bit bigger if you know these cars. Not like it will ever need it but its there and wheels make the looks of a car. Either way this was a correct and painstaking upgrade in the 3K+ range on top of the car. The rare and now impossible to find gold stripe Royal Seal tires are back on them."

Though you might like to know,

Greg

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wait a minute... I just remembered hearing from "Ultra Slow's" website (the one with the '80 FWB w/ the 500) that 5.7L Broughams could not be ordered with wire wheels because they could not stand up to the torque and would buckle. Yikes! But I also read that the dealer over-rode that dilemma with some special-order wires. Are those original?? Because if someone just switched them out, you might be in for a real nasty surprise one day.
Greg
Wow...I never heard that before. The wheels are defineatly original but were probably installed by the dealer as this guy is not the type that would install wheels himself (70-something y/o man). I've seen the appliance wheels before but don't really like the look. I'll probably just tempt fate like I ussually do...After all, if my 425 hasn't snapped them yet my odds should be o.k.

·
Registered
68 SDV; 92 Corvette; 95 Deville; 06 Town Car; 15 Sienna
398 Posts
So far the only car I've kept longer than 12 months is my 78 FWB. I've had it since 10/02.
PM me whenever you get bored and feel like selling the 91. I've been thinking about your car all day!

Oh and I wouldn't worry about those wire wheels. If nothing happened in 16 years you're prolly safe.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
about the wire wheels....

keep in mind that braking puts just as much force on the wheel as accelerating.

So until your car accelerates faster then it can stop, there isn't even anything to worry about :)

My '89 came with wire wheels from the dealer, but they were aftermarket.... but.... made by Appliance, I still have them... I wonder if they are the "upgraded" ones? they had a kinda cheesy plastic center cap with Cadillac wreath and crest type stick on label tho... other then that they are nice.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Nothing like a clean, low mileage dark blue 90-92 Brougham! :cloud9:

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Are you 100% sure that's Diplomat blue? It looks darker than mine, and mine isn't faded...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts