Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's lighten up the mood here in the lounge. Everyone can answer this one.
What was your first car ? And what made it special ?
Ok, I'll start. I had a 67 Chevelle that was passed down through the family. It had a 300 straight 6, and manual steering. About as high tech as mud, but it was my first. The sad end came when I wrapped it around a phone pole in a snow storm.
I guess for me, like most 16 year olds, it meant freedom. I guess that's what made it so special.
Your turn.
Bob

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Mine was an 1988 ford taurus. It was 4 cylinder and it took me about an hour to get up to 50 miles per hour. Worst power ever. It was pretty comfortable. It was cool until I flipped it on black ice back when I was 16. The POS always stalled too. The only thing that was awesome about it was that it was really comfortable and pretty much couchlike.

·
Registered
407 Posts
My first car was a 1989 white Ford Crown Victoria. We bought it shortly after my high school graduation in 1995, had it for 6 years. It was relatively trouble free. Transmission went out @ 120K (couldn't drive faster then 45 mph). And an air conditioner had to be overhauled. That was pretty much it. Later traded in for a 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood I'm currently driving.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
First car was an '85 Mustang GT 5-speed with t-tops.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
'66 Chevy Impala, two door, blue with black vinyl interior, 283 V8, powerglide 2 speed auto. We had two of them in our family, both the same as above! My dad bought one and my brother, who was in the Navy, bought one a few months later - not having seen my dad's. The only way you could tell the cars apart was the location of the antenna mast. My brother's car had A/C so the antenna mast was mounted on the right rear instead of right front fender. I eventually got my brother's car in 1973 when he bought a Trans Am.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
You guys had pretty nice first cars!! Try a 1970 Plymouth Fury 1 with a 318. Drove it through HS, not a single repair! Bought it for 300 dollars, got totalled, made 500 dollars from insurance, still drove it another couple of years! Oh yeah, right before graduation, sold it to some friends and they drove it into a big tree at 30 mph! It STILL drove around town until the RCMP towed it away for safety reasons!! :worship:

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
My first car was a mint 1986 Lincoln Mark VII LSC. My dad made it look like a 1987 Mark VII LSC Special Edition minus the black wheels. Nice car until some jackoff ran a redlight and plowed into it.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
1980 powder blue Ford Pinto......there is nothing special about a powder blue Pinto.

·
Registered
266 Posts
1976 Monte Carlo with a 350. The paint was dead red, It had holes in the floor the size of licence plates. Literaley, it had an old plate covering one of them. And it had no stereo excepte for a discman and a pair of old computer speakers I tossed on the dash. I loved that car. I only had it 2 weeks though. Mom's ex bought it for me. They broke up and she made me give it back. I was sooooooooo pissed. Then she explained to me why, and I had that much more respect for her.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
75 Sedan DeVille... ah yes 5200# 500ci. I was going to get a Nova, but then when I got a chance to drive the Caddy for awhile I really liked it.. yeah.

·
Registered
1995 Deville
40 Posts
first car 1953 Ford customline.paid 45.00 flat head v8 3 sp. 5 different colors. but it ran painted it got few yrs out of it.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
1986 Chrysler LeBaron GTS (lancer look-a-like),4 door, faded ice blue paint and the very cool 2.2 Turbo I , the engine was cool till it blew the headgasket like 90% of Turbo I's did at around 107k . Head cracked in four places and couldnt find a new one , off to the junkyard she went .

·
Registered
247 Posts
1990 Cadillac DeVillle. Nothing cosmetic really made it special besides the fact that my first car was simply put, indeed, a Cadillac. The only thing that really makes the car special to me was that it was MY car. I worked, saved money, then bought it allllllll by my lonesome. Baby blue, with a custom top. Dark blue leather interior. I love that car.

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
1991 Pontiac LeMans hatchback...Garbage, but it did have a badass system in there.

·
Registered
383 Posts
1988 cadillac Deville. It has gold dual exhaust and everything. It got me through country roads in the snow, through the bad drivers at the high school parking lot . It saved me in a car accident - i would have been seriously injured if I was in a civic) and was a damn well trustworthy car. Ask Caddy Daddy, he remembers it. Had a system and light up dice, what else did I need at 16 ??? :)

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
oh yeah, my first car, I remember that:

my 1993 Cadillac Coupe DeVille :D

my winter car will mostly be a mid-late 80's Caprice....

oh, then there is the '90/'91 Grand Am ordeal I am still trying to get rid of....

....yeah....

at the local car donation place, there is (was) a '73 Chevelle Malibu, very basic, 4 door, stright 6, 3spd auto, they wanted $300, I was going to use it as a winter car (felt bad using such a classic American car as a winte car) it looked good, some rust and rot, but the battery was dead, we couldn't hear it run and stuff.... they were asking $300 for it....

·
Registered
586 Posts
1986 VW Jetta. It was a beautiful silver. Brand new paint on it. The interior was flawless. Decent system that me and a friend put in with the aid of some tin snips.

Bad news: There was a hole in the block that leaked oil. I had to put in 1 quart every 100 miles. there was no compression on one cylinder. I mean ZERO so it was running on 3 of the 4 cylinders. It would stall at every light and i had to jump it in every parking lot i went to. Sounded cool with the exhaust leak.

Then I got run over by a 4runner in it... she decided not to let me thought the intersection before she turned left in front of my and her left front went right up my hood and off a a-piller.

oh well. it was a nice looking POS

1 - 20 of 24 Posts