Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2006 V6 RWD SRX | 2005 Red CTS-V
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They did give me a nice '09 CTS to drive in the meantime, but I'm definitely missing the power of the V.

I dropped it off for a laundry list of items, including crackling CD player, worn paint on radio controls, whining rear end, wheel hop, etc, etc, etc...

Anyone care to gues if I have a new rear and radio when I pick it up? To be fair, Covert in Austin has been great in the past and has never given me any trouble. They even replaced my headlights due to the small scratches appearing on the top (peeling clearcoat maybe?).

Thomas.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V / 06 Escalade
1,059 Posts
They did give me a nice '09 CTS to drive in the meantime, but I'm definitely missing the power of the V.

I dropped it off for a laundry list of items, including crackling CD player, worn paint on radio controls, whining rear end, wheel hop, etc, etc, etc...

Anyone care to gues if I have a new rear and radio when I pick it up? To be fair, Covert in Austin has been great in the past and has never given me any trouble. They even replaced my headlights due to the small scratches appearing on the top (peeling clearcoat maybe?).

Thomas.
You brought it in for Wheel Hop?? Not sure they can do much to fix that ;)

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
i had a crackling cd player. I got my whole unit replaced.

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
i got my rear replaced for a faint whine :thumbsup:

the only thing i failed to get covered was the headlight scratches

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
33 Posts
mine had a crackling cd player for a while but it went away. good thing too cause get warranty claims through the dealer here is like pulling teeth. i have a bit of a list too...

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts

Same here :mad:...It's upsetting too because it looks god awful on my car. I try to get them every time I go to my dealer. I'm this close to just paying out the ass for them.

·
Registered
cts-v
2,741 Posts

same here... i havent noticed anything with the headlights yet though

to the OP do you have the factory warranty still yet?

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
hmm, my cd player has some static from time to time, I thought it was interference from my bluetooth kit.

If your diff is part of the TSB, they will probably replace it.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, Powered by Chevrolet
835 Posts
Makes sure they flash the Radio/Navi unit for a V. Most dealers do not know to do this as the replacements are for the CTS (non-V). Happened to me. They need to use the TechII to reflash it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CtsVrod said:
You brought it in for Wheel Hop?? Not sure they can do much to fix that
Ya, but I figured it would help sway them to a new rear for the whine. I told the service writer that I'm pretty sure the cradle bushing are shot, and if they replaced the rear, it would get new bushing anyway.

liqidvenom said:
to the OP do you have the factory warranty still yet?

Yes, I am still under factory warranty with 29,444 miles and a vehicle in-service date of Nov 2006. So I should be good until Nov 2010.

If your diff is part of the TSB, they will probably replace it.
I hope so, it would be nice to have the new 06+ rear in there. When I took the service writer for a ride, it started whining and his words were "Sounds like we're riding in an 18 wheeler!" So that sounds promising to me.

Slithering_Joe said:
Makes sure they flash the Radio/Navi unit for a V
Thanks, I specifically told the service writer about this and he made a note on the service order. I'll also check to be sure competative driving mode engages before driving away.

I gotta say, this forum is great! Because of it, I'm able to go into the dealer, explain the issues I'm having, possible causes, and possible fixes. It's really great to be educated when dealing with things like this!

Thomas.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Woohoo, just heard from the dealer and the new diff is already installed. The service writer told me about the TSB for wheel hop and said they could install the bushings, but warned me the rear suspension will probably squeek with them installed. How bad can I expect the squeeking to be?

The TSB bushings are just inserts, right? If the squeek is too much for me to bear, can't I just remove the bolt, take out the inserts, and put the bolt back in?

He also said they are replacing the interior trim pieces which have faded paint. This includes the radio, shifter trim, and HVAC panel.

I definitely have to give Covert Cadillac in Austin a 5 star rating for this! Everytime I've taken my V or the wife's SRX into them for warranty service, they have been great! I'm excited to get my V back with a quiet rear diff!

Thomas.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
i take it back; mine wasn't a tsb, it was replaced under the pinion seal recall; knock on wood, still no leaks on the new one

i admit it's kinda sad that i have to do frequent inspections of my garage floor for oil stains; but when i look at alternatives to the CTS and CTS-v (or mostly lack-thereof) it's worth it

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
good luck getting headlight scratches to be covered/replaced under factory warranty...

to get mine replaced under warranty, i had to take it all the way up to cadillac customer support, open a claim, send pictures, take it to the dealership twice for them to inspect, etc. and i still ended up paying ~$450 out of pocket.

Still, a lot cheaper than paying $3,000.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Woohoo, just heard from the dealer and the new diff is already installed. The service writer told me about the TSB for wheel hop and said they could install the bushings, but warned me the rear suspension will probably squeek with them installed. How bad can I expect the squeeking to be?

The TSB bushings are just inserts, right? If the squeek is too much for me to bear, can't I just remove the bolt, take out the inserts, and put the bolt back in?

He also said they are replacing the interior trim pieces which have faded paint. This includes the radio, shifter trim, and HVAC panel.

I definitely have to give Covert Cadillac in Austin a 5 star rating for this! Everytime I've taken my V or the wife's SRX into them for warranty service, they have been great! I'm excited to get my V back with a quiet rear diff!

Thomas.
Your service writer is correct concerning the TSB bushings - they will squeak and you will hate them. See Post #11 in this thread.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/159503-factory-wheelhop-bushings-not-covered-under.html

·
Registered
2004 Cts-v
129 Posts

Thomas.
Can you please tell me the name of your service writer? Ive been treated well by covert so far, but they denied me bushings (no biggie), but don't believe my motor mounts are shot, even though they are toast?! Thx!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sevice writer's name is Adam, and he said he would be happy to help you out. Just give him a call.

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
i may be making a trip to austin soon... anyone in houston want to get some work done too? maybe we can get a couple of people to drive there and spend the night.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts