Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always wanted a car that I can just put gas in, do regular oil changes and drive it without worrying what will go wrong next. My Lincoln Mark VII was great. In 7 years I only had to replace the brakes and a sensor. My 87 Chrysler Fifth Ave was great till the trans went out at 230,000 miles.

So far my Eldorado is a good car. In the past 10,000 miles I just had to replace the brake pads/rotors.

But there are so many systems and I feel that the aluminim engine is delicate that I worry about things going wrong.

Every weekend I put from 300-500 miles on the car.
Now that the weather is below zero I worry even more.

It is like having a wife who looks like Brittany.

Worry, wory, worry....

So I will take my own advice and "Just Drive it"!

Pat

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Pat,
My Mark VII LSC was a lot of trouble early on, and seemed to need a tune-up at rather short intervals to keep it running right. It was totalled a couple years ago and my wife is making me rebuild it ( a slow and costly project I assure you). I love the look of the car, and it has some nice features but overall I never really liked driving it.
Although I don't think it has the looks of the LSC, the Eldo you're driving is a much nicer car and should hold up at least as well. I agree with your "just drive it" comment.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two of the same make, model cars can be totally different.
My Mark was by far the best car I have owned. With over 200,000 miles it ran like new and I only changed the plugs once.
I can only hope that my Cadillac is close to as dependable.
Sorry to hear about the accident with yours. I hope nobody was injured. You might consider buying another Mark from Ebay as a parts car.
Pat

Attachments

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Actually, I DID buy another for a parts car. I found one sitting on the side of a factory with a flat tire and no tags so I asked about it. The owner said if I want it, it's mine for $500. I got him down to $400 plus he had to get it towed to my shop.
Nobody was hurt in the accident (just my feelings since the car was show-quality). Was yours a LSC? If not, maybe that's why yours was more reliable. The LSC had some more crap on it to go wrong, plus the H.O. drivetrain.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
I still stare at Mark VII LSC's when they're in nice shape. Those cars were ahead of their time.. Very unique and cool design. At that point in time, I think Lincoln was a bit ahead in the luxury department.. Cadillac took a bad direction in the mid to late 80s - in my opinion...

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I agree with you Sal.
If the LSC had a little bit better road feel, I know I would've loved it. But as it was, it always felt just a little too "boaty" to me. Not uncommon ride characteristic when it came to Lincolns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts