Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS V Coupe, 2007 Escalade ESV
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from running my 2009 CTS-V automatic at the Texas Mile in Goliad, Texas. There were around 200 entries. Only got to run my car three times as had to get back home due to an emergency. The Texas Mile is a one mile run from a standing start to the end of the mile. My car is an automatic. I had posted earlier the power adders changes to my vehicle. Here is how it went. The first run I decided to just leave it it automatic and let in shift itself so I could focus on driving and stopping ( had a 1/2 mile shut off). My first run resulted in a MHP of 172.2. I felt pretty good about that and decided that I would use my paddle shift in manual mode on the second run. Things did not go well. I got excited and shifted early to second, then "nailed it" to get going and smoked the tires plus the "rev. limiter" shut the engine down for a few seconds, but I did manage to go through the lights in 5th gear. My efforts resultes in a decrease of 3 MPH. Bummer. My third and final run yesterday was a second attept to utilize the "paddle shift" as I wanted to try to keep it in 5th gear. Leaving it in automatic mode allowed it to shift into 6th gear. I gave mysely a good talking to about remaining calm as I left the start line. It went well, and shifted close to the correct RPM through each gear and left it in 5th as I went through the mile marker. My third run resulted in a 171.2 run. What a thrill. I think if I can learn to launch it correctly I can easily do 175. Videos will be coming later, just haven't had time to get it all together. People were amazed that this car is a daily family driver.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it is not stock. It has 608 rear wheel HP. Go to ADM Performance.com and see my car on the dyno. The power adders are listed above the video:). Have a good day.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
Great runs, Don. That does sound like fun, and some day I would like to go watch.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a pleasure to meet you and to talk to you. I was hoping to do a little better, but not bad for my first attempt. We are compiling a documantary on the trip we made to Texas Mile. As soon as we can get time we will edit it and put out on you tube and the Cadillac Forum. Have a great day. Your pics are awsome.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts
Wow!! Congrats on your runs and congrats on all the fun that you had!!:thumbsup:
What a total thrill!

Thanks for sharing!! :yup: Definitely lookin' forward to the video!!

Best regards,

Elie

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
niceeeee. how does it feel when you are at 170mph!!!
The CST-V ride is smooth at 170, no problem, and stopping was not that bad with the big brakes. Loved it. Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (Sold)
64 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun! I might have to go out and spectate in October, just to see what its like. What was the fastest street car there? What class did you run in?

·
Registered
09 CTS V
226 Posts
Very respectable numbers. I will have do this in October. Missed it this time, but always next time. I think with your power there is more there, but I may be talking out of my butt crack. Good numbers thanks for posting, I was curious to see how you did.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like a lot of fun! I might have to go out and spectate in October, just to see what its like. What was the fastest street car there? What class did you run in?
I had to leave early so do not know the results. I am sure that there were some around 230 or so. The Texas Mile web site will post the results, probabl soon, I ran in the Unlimited Street Vehicle with Power Adders. Have a good day. DonS

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very respectable numbers. I will have do this in October. Missed it this time, but always next time. I think with your power there is more there, but I may be talking out of my butt crack. Good numbers thanks for posting, I was curious to see how you did.
Appreciate your comments. I do think that I can do better, but first will need a little more practice in going through the gears. I will probably go back and run in October. I had to leave early so I only got to run three times. Have a great evening. DonS

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
I had to leave early so do not know the results. I am sure that there were some around 230 or so. The Texas Mile web site will post the results, probabl soon, I ran in the Unlimited Street Vehicle with Power Adders. Have a good day. DonS
Congrats. That is an awesome speed. If you dont mind being the center of attention you should come to the V meet in Plano at Cars and Coffee next Saturday. We would love to see your V. We should have around 10 Vs.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/195742-dallas-v-meet-april-3-cars.html

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
I don't think those Supras were in the same class as you; probably not; but the fastest run that I saw for the day was one of the Supras doing 247mph.

Some of the Ford GTs out there were doing in the 220s all day long.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Sounds like lots of fun! Thanks for sharing the experience. Eagerly awaiting your video.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts