Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Escalade Ordered!!
15 Posts
Just picked up my Black on Black Escalade, and at least through the first 12 hours, I couldn't be happier!

Couple of things I was curious to get a better understanding of through the group.

1. The initial drive seemed a little rougher than the previous escalade....does this smooth out as the tires are broken in, etc...?
--In conjunction with this question----what would the sport suspension be used for? I assume the touring is the "smoothest" ride, correct?

2. The AC / Heater, was set to 70, but it felt like it was pumping out heat at 80 degrees! Is this something that normalizes?

3. Finally, any long term issues with keeping the car outside over the rough winter we have in Western, Pennsylvania?

Thanks for the time everyone and have a good upcoming Saturday!

Just picked up my Black on Black Escalade, and at least through the first 12 hours, I couldn't be happier!

Couple of things I was curious to get a better understanding of through the group.

1. The initial drive seemed a little rougher than the previous escalade....does this smooth out as the tires are broken in, etc...?
--In conjunction with this question----what would the sport suspension be used for? I assume the touring is the "smoothest" ride, correct?

2. The AC / Heater, was set to 70, but it felt like it was pumping out heat at 80 degrees! Is this something that normalizes?

3. Finally, any long term issues with keeping the car outside over the rough winter we have in Western, Pennsylvania?

·
Registered
15 Escalade Plat SC, 14 CTS VSport Prem, 15 Range Rover SC
679 Posts
Many of us have been complaining about the vibration and stiffer suspension on the new Escalades, so it's likely normal.

If the heat is set to 70 it won't necessarily pump out 70 degree air, it will just bring the cabin temp to 70. If the cabin is at 30 it might use 80 degree air to bring it up to 70 faster.

I keep mine outside in Wisconsin, but I also only keep my vehicles for a year at most. There of course could be long term issues in doing so as the weather beats down on it.

·
Registered
19 CTS-V, 17 Escalade, 88Corvette,71Corvette
467 Posts
I have an ESV so I think the ride may be a bit smoother due to the longer wheelbase. Heat hasn't been an issue with the cold NE weather we've been having. Mines outside as well. Remote start to warm it up and heated wheel heats up faster than the prior generation.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts
I don't know much about the new escalade, I don't have one. But congratulations on your new truck :)

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
CZAMIAS1,
CONGRATULATIONS!

MY 2015I PLATINUM 4WD ESV IS SUPER SMOOTH, first day every day, so far.
Only rougher ride I noticed was in 4WD HI when making sharp turns.
I was doing this on dry smooth payment in good weather.
I have had mine for two weeks now and have ~500 miles on it.

It burns more gas than I had hoped, but gas is cheap right now. I have had averages from 8MPG to 14MPG.
I know it will improve, but love the ride.
Over 70,000 miles my 10 year old Toyota Sienna AWD XLE LIMITED averaged 16MPG (The Sienna MiniVan had 25% more cargo volume and 50% less towing weight than my new Escalade).
My A/C works great.
When I turn the A/C off and windows closed and use the fan the car gets warmer than I would like, so it is A/C on most of the time, but some mornings it is only 60 out.
I have turned the A/C off and opened the windows and it is great for me, but messes up my wife's hair.
My seat cooling seems to work but not cool enough for me.

I keep my Mercedes and Escalade outside.
For 10 years I kept my Sienna outside in snow, ice, rain and all types of weather.
Only problems after 10 years was the wheels showed some signs of rust starting.
I notice that my Mercedes rotors are showing signs of rust as it not sued much

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,738 Posts
Whoa! It burns more gas? I might not get used to it! My escalade hybrid gets better mileage than my Honda Pilot with A 3.5 V6! The lowest miles per gallon I got was 17.9 city and highest was 25 mpg highway! Btw, don't ever use 4hi in dry pavement. It will show errors and repair warning. I only use 4auto and flip to 4hi when there is snow or ice on the ground.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Yes, I know I have heard that.
Someone in Cadillac said it was OK.
So I tested 4WD HI in a parking lot slow.
I will find some sand and test it.

I wanted to make sure everything worked, so I tested everything I could in the first week.

Cadillac said I could use 2WD (best mileage), 4WD AUTO(lose 0.5 MPG) and 4WD HI (lose 1.0 MPG) anytime.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,738 Posts
Yes, I know I have heard that.
Someone in Cadillac said it was OK.
So I tested 4WD HI in a parking lot slow.
I will find some sand and test it.

I wanted to make sure everything worked, so I tested everything I could in the first week.

Cadillac said I could use 2WD (best mileage), 4WD AUTO(lose 0.5 MPG) and 4WD HI (lose 1.0 MPG) anytime.
I know the 4hi works only in snow or ice because I tried it on wet pavement and it made some whining sound(hybrid). never did that afterwards.

·
Registered
37 Posts
CONGRADULATONS on your new baby!
I use sport for snow or off road. Tour highway and general streets. Nice and smooth this way. I kept my previous Escalade ESV outside in central,pa and wheel rust and peel off seemed to be the only issue. Then again this is a new model year so who knows what will happen. My 2011 Escalade ESV had an amazing backup camera. This one is not worth even looking at and it actually may be detrimental to do so.
How is your backup camera visibility?

·
Registered
2015 Escalade Ordered!!
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ASWISS:

Thank you for the congrats!!! Very excited!!

Just went for a nice 150 mile drive---what a great car.

The camera really isn't that good---as a matter of fact the camera that shows what is in front of you seems to be better than the camera that shows what's behind you.

One thing, on a complete positive note, is that my gf was with me on this trip and the inside, compared to the 2011 I used to have, feels a heck of a lot more spacious---any of your fellow compatriots share that sentiment?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Czamias1 said:
ASWISS: Thank you for the congrats!!! Very excited!! Just went for a nice 150 mile drive---what a great car. The camera really isn't that good---as a matter of fact the camera that shows what is in front of you seems to be better than the camera that shows what's behind you. One thing, on a complete positive note, is that my gf was with me on this trip and the inside, compared to the 2011 I used to have, feels a heck of a lot more spacious---any of your fellow compatriots share that sentiment? Thanks everyone!

I most certainly do share your sentiments. I too went from a 2011 E and this one is definitely more comfortable and more spacious. I love waiting for my son to come out of school now because I can sit and relax in my new mobile living room. Lol

·
Registered
19 CTS-V, 17 Escalade, 88Corvette,71Corvette
467 Posts
It's recommended to leave in 2WD or Auto. 4WD is for snow,sand etc. I've had my ESV since July and almost have 9k miles on it. Been averaging @14-15 MPGs. One highway run I got 21 mpg's ( drove to Albany) and I have the 6 spd auto. The new Escalade does feel a bit roomier both in width and legroom in the rear. The power folding rear seats do screw up the rear load level height though. So far the new one blows away the old generation.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
396 Posts
In full time 4 wheel drive on pavement you are putting very large stresses on the drive train. The rep at the dealer is wrong if he says to use it on pavement anytime. I ran into this many years ago when the Navigator was the first 4 wheel drive vehicle that Lincoln ever built. The dealers were completely ignorant, although they tried to sound like they knew what they are talking about. When you put it in 4H on pavement and then make a turn, the rear wheels travel a shorter distance than the front. But, with the transfer case providing equal drive to front and rear, the tires have to scrub to compensate. The car makes weird noises because you are binding the drive chain in the transfer case, the axles, the diffs and the tires. Ultimately the tires scrub and the car feels like you are trying to move it with the brakes on.

4 auto would be for pavement. 4H would be for lower traction surfaces...like ice, sand gravel, mud, etc...pretty much anything BUT pavement.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,738 Posts
But once in 4hi it beats out any AWD out there as I tried it in my hybrid in the snow and it was unstoppable in my oem dueler alenzas.

·
Registered
2015 ESV Premium
415 Posts
Congrats to you... you will love the vehicle... I drive in NY and leave it on 4 auto.. I agree about the cam issue.. Parked outside everyday.. the ride is different then then the older models but love it no less... good luck to you!!!!!

·
Registered
Black 2015i Escalade Premium
7 Posts
Czamias1, I have noticed that my heat is the same way, I had to set it at the lowest temp yesterday to get comfortable. Set at 70 was blowing really hot air. On a side note, you didn't happen to buy the black on black Escalade sitting outsite of Rohrich Cadillac did you? (Also a Pittsburgher here)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts