Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK....i'm officially one of you guys now.....test drove a 15i Escalade Premium, raven black with the Kona interior and power side steps. It was exactly what I would have ordered.....took it out on rough roads, interstate ( had her up to 75 ) and found some snow near the dealer property to play in. Having read all I could find here on the "vibration issues".... i had all the senses tuned up and ready to say "nope" and forget it......BUT.... It performed flawlessly! No different in some aspects, and in many ways much better, than the 2013 MB GL450 that I am trading in!

I really appreciate all the comments and advice...both direct and indirect that was available here! Pick up the truck tomorrow am....

The dealership I am working with is professional, knowledgeable and customer oriented ......so far so good!!!:thumbsup:

OH.....my bio info indicates I'm 100yrs old!!!! NOT.... and I can't seem to find a way to edit that!!!

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Congratulations and good luck with it.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
OH.....my bio info indicates I'm 100yrs old!!!! NOT.... and I can't seem to find a way to edit that!!!
Just say that you are 100 years young. :p

JK. To fix that, go to the Setting which is right next to My Profile on the right just above the search bar, then scroll down to find Edit profile, you can see instructions on how to change the age. :)

Congrats on the Purchase btw and have lots of fun!

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats...that was really fast! :yup:
Well.....it was 18 degrees , not many folks in the car buying mood, three Escaldes on the lot , one exactly the way I would order.....cash on hand, with a GL450 trade....they could have made more (not from me)but they took 3k off of the MSRP , threw in the all weather mats and met my trade requirement ! I'm ready to give Caddy a try after 8 years of Mercedes! By the way.....back in 07 with my first GL, it had 18 in wheels...smooth ride, The next two had 20's ....more "road rumble" and vibration. I'm not surprised if the 22"s on these vehicles are producing a bit of the vibration folks are feeling.....my test drive today felt quite normal and even more "solid" than my Benz.....but maybe I am used to the ride issues that come with ever increasing "low profile tires." Given my choice ......the huge wheels are not necessary....strictly a "fashion thing"

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
I didn't find the 22's to have a rough ride. In fact after driving my other SUV's I find the escalade's 22's to be smooth.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to,hear......I certainly didn't find them to be any harsher than the 20's on my Benz ...but that being said....it's not so much the wheel diameter as it is the low profile of the tires to,fit the wheels.......the less air filed rubber , the more you are going to feel.

----------

Congratulations brother! Welcome aboard.
Thanks.....! Looking forward to a whole "new adventure!"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts