Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS 2.0T
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased some Vossen CVT gloss graphite wheels (should be here in about a week)

Front: 20 x 9 Rear: 20 x 10.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gY-CFDsE54

Mounting onto a 2014 phantom grey Cadillac CTS sedan 2.0T RWD

Need some help choosing size of tires.... I don't want to lower the car if i don't have to. So maybe get a tire on the thicker side??

Your thoughts would be great....

Side note: i think this is the wheel package on a 2015... Would be great to find some more pics of this...

http://www.carid.com/2014-cadillac-cts-accessories/

Cheers, Mike

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport white tri coat/cashmere interior
291 Posts
Google search Michelin pilot super sport. Click on tire rack. I think click on the specs and it will then give you tire with Heights and what recommended we went to mount them on. I'm going to try to put a link right here http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Super+Sport&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=735YR8PSSXL&tab=Sizes that you can click on. ---------- Yup, click on the link above, and then find where it says specs and click on that and it will show you what size tires you can put on there

With that large of a wheel, I would go with the 255/30 in front and a 305/25 in the rear.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 2.0T
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are very sharp! Nice choice. What size/brand of tires did you go with? How is the ride?
Thanks!

Tires are called OHTSU, they are made by Falken

Front 20 x 9- 35 offset- 255/30/20
Rear 20 x 10.5- 42 offset- 285/30/20

The ride is still pretty good, highway is pretty much the same, city is not much different just back roads, areas with poor quality streets.
You deffinelty feel the pol holes a little more.. Overall the ride quality is much better then I expected.

·
Registered
2008 CTS Premium
9 Posts
Thanks!

Tires are called OHTSU, they are made by Falken

Front 20 x 9- 35 offset- 255/30/20
Rear 20 x 10.5- 42 offset- 285/30/20

The ride is still pretty good, highway is pretty much the same, city is not much different just back roads, areas with poor quality streets.
You deffinelty feel the pol holes a little more.. Overall the ride quality is much better then I expected.
Hey Mike.... I want CVT's for my car as well. I have the same one as you. Vossen says that the CVT's won't fit our car, but obviously you have them on.

Any fitment issues at all and how close is the rim to the brakes on the front? Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2015 CTS
81 Posts
Hey Mike.... I want CVT's for my car as well. I have the same one as you. Vossen says that the CVT's won't fit our car, but obviously you have them on.

Any fitment issues at all and how close is the rim to the brakes on the front? Any help is greatly appreciated!
I have exactly the same wheels but I'm currently using 245/30/20 in the fronts. However, I'm switching to 255 in the front because I don't like the wheel lip poking out so much. Just fyi, 35 tall tires won't fit with this setup. Has to be 30 tall or else you hit the bottom strut

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,341 Posts
I have exactly the same wheels but I'm currently using 245/30/20 in the fronts. However, I'm switching to 255 in the front because I don't like the wheel lip poking out so much. Just fyi, 35 tall tires won't fit with this setup. Has to be 30 tall or else you hit the bottom strut
So running 20x10 wheels up front with 245/35R20 tires will not work? And even if 20x10 fits the tire series will have to be 30. Is there a way to add spacers to allow more travel room if the person decides to lower the car on coilovers? Not liking what I'm hearing in regards to wheel and tire fitment for the gen3

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 CTS
81 Posts
So running 20x10 wheels up front with 245/35R20 tires will not work? And even if 20x10 fits the tire series will have to be 30. Is there a way to add spacers to allow more travel room if the person decides to lower the car on coilovers? Not liking what I'm hearing in regards to wheel and tire fitment for the gen3

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I think it depends on your CTS package. I'd go to a wheel shop and have them mount some wheels to see your clearance and go from there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts