Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really looking for a DTS when I found a nice CTS today. It was too nice of a car and too good of a deal to not jump on it quick. I went ahead and bought it without a bit of research first, although I am familiar with Cadillacs in general. What do you all think of an '06 CTS?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an '07 CTS, which is the last year of the first generation CTS's. I've had it for 2 and a half years now as a daily driver. It's a really good car. Very comfortable ride, drives smoothly, and has some kick to it. These early CTS's are known for timing chain and water pump issues around the 100K mile mark, so keep that in mind and probably address those before you hit 100K. That's what happened to mine, and it's in the shop as we speak. But, other than that, as long as you do regular, proper maintenance on it, like checking your oil, coolant, spark plugs, etc., you'll have a solid, dependable, beauty of a ride for years to come.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to the club!

-Matt

·
Registered
2006 CTS
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the replies. I've been learning about the Timing Chain in the meantime and will put it in my plans to change it in the near future. Right now the car has 92,000 on it.

Good info on the Oil. I've been checking my '93 DeVille twice a week and will keep up that routine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts