Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Silver tan int. with sunroof
GM Executive drivin' demo -- runs SO NICE!!
7100k
Warranty started JULY OF 2005, so it's almost like buying a new car

$32990!!!! http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=192751515&dealer_id=80856&car_year=2004&model=CTS&bkms=1133846269691&lang=en&isp=y&start_year=2004&certified=&search_type=both&distance=300&make=CAD&min_price=31000&address=63105&advanced=&end_year=2004&max_price=33000&cardist=220

V Pwn3rz
Uno. Anyway to get the voice memo to record whilst driving?

Dose. As I like hard launches, say when an M3 meets me at a red, should I get the bushings thing done? The dealer will do it here in St. Louis for free.

Trase. Any other info for this MacDaddy-Caddy owner would totally rock!!!

Thanks kids!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the new ride. It is a fantastic car.

You will find a ton of good info on this board. Use the Search feature and you can find answers to many issues that we all confront. The bushings are helpful but there has been a problem keeping them lubed so that they don't squeak.

Definitely check out www.cadillacfaq.com where you can find a million bits of very valuable info at your fingertips.

Good luck.

CR
 

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
Joined
·
2,018 Posts
:welcome:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
wow, this car is 52k brand new. Does the CTS-V really depreciate 20K in less than 2 years? Thats like a 60% residual in under 2 years depending on when this car was built in 2004. Thats some of the fastest depreciation I've ever heard! :ill:
 

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
TracerHawk said:
wow, this car is 52k brand new. Does the CTS-V really depreciate 20K in less than 2 years? Thats like a 60% residual in under 2 years depending on when this car was built in 2004. Thats some of the fastest depreciation I've ever heard! :ill:
I think I just got tht good of a deal. Blue-Book has it somewhere up around 40k. There was no car even close to that in the entire nation on both autotrader AND Ebay. Both went from hi 30's to low 40's.

What the HELL were these peeple thinking, selling that car for that price? I mean the F'ing warranty just started THIS July.
 

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
heavymetals said:
:welcome:

Your DOOMED!

Let us know what the first mod is.

Watch those hard launches.......
Is it easy to break something from hard launches? Is this car not made to do it? Im coming from a Boxster S where hard launches were done all the time. Should I really watch it or is that just sarcasm?
 

·
Registered
CTS-V
Joined
·
238 Posts
arr0gant said:
I think I just got tht good of a deal. Blue-Book has it somewhere up around 40k. There was no car even close to that in the entire nation on both autotrader AND Ebay. Both went from hi 30's to low 40's.

What the HELL were these peeple thinking, selling that car for that price? I mean the F'ing warranty just started THIS July.
Ummm, I'd guess the car sat unpurchased on their lot for a loooong time, like all of the 2005 model year. Supply and demand -- but not much demand on these cars apparantly. Cadillac stopped advertising them to mass market, and auto rags stopped writing about them, as they haven't made any dramatic changes.

Until they introduce a new model, I guess they are just our little secret. I notice when the rags compare the Charger to other cars in its class, they never mention the V.

Even some of the "car guys" I know scratch their head about the V. Most are surprised to hear it has a Z-06 engine, and are really surprised to hear it's a Caddy with a 6-speed manual.

Those few guys who do know what the V is can lay back and wait for the deals, as there seem to be few folks knocking them down to buy them at high prices...

Brian R.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,874 Posts
The SS impalas tanked, they are coming back in value. I think the V is going to go the way of the Grand national in time. I hope they keep the production low.:yup:
 

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
Joined
·
8,810 Posts
arr0gant said:
Is it easy to break something from hard launches? Is this car not made to do it? Im coming from a Boxster S where hard launches were done all the time. Should I really watch it or is that just sarcasm?
NOT sarcasm.:thehand:

If you read the forum there is plenty of info on "wheel hop" and differentials failing.:thepan:

The V is not a drag racer. If you want a light to light car, get something with a solid axel or less power (OH NO!). :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
arr0gant said:
2004 Silver tan int. with sunroof
GM Executive drivin' demo -- runs SO NICE!!
7100k
Warranty started JULY OF 2005, so it's almost like buying a new car

$32990!!!! http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=192751515&dealer_id=80856&car_year=2004&model=CTS&bkms=1133846269691&lang=en&isp=y&start_year=2004&certified=&search_type=both&distance=300&make=CAD&min_price=31000&address=63105&advanced=&end_year=2004&max_price=33000&cardist=220

V Pwn3rz
Uno. Anyway to get the voice memo to record whilst driving?

Dose. As I like hard launches, say when an M3 meets me at a red, should I get the bushings thing done? The dealer will do it here in St. Louis for free.

Trase. Any other info for this MacDaddy-Caddy owner would totally rock!!!

Thanks kids!

Welcome
 

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
Joined
·
2,043 Posts
if your worried about high depreciation, just buy slightly used with a few thousand miles. Just like brand new, but without the high depreciation costs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
heavymetals said:
Tracer....

When are you gonna get with the program or move on?:want:

Now your whinning about depreciation.:bonkers:

HEY!! Got news for ya.

THE V IS NOT AN INVESTMENT!! :hide:

You still haven't driven one yet from what I can tell.

Go drive one then report back.

I have to agree with Heavy. Its time to cowboy-up and stop tire kicking.

Limited production, weak marketing to a limited market, gas prices, and employee discounts have all conspired to drive prices down. You know what? I don't care! More power to those whose timing has been so good that they can take advantage of the present deals.

I got my V because it is a blast to drive and I have not been disappointed. If I wanted an investment, I would have looked for a gull-wing Mercedes.

CR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Great purchase price!!!!!

I also just bought a used "V" in November...best car I've ever owned!!!

I got mine for $34,000 The dealer wanted $36,000.

I'm a firm believer that if you see a car you want, just wait a year or two and buy it used. You'll save several thousand dollars and it will still be covered under warrantee.

I already have my eye on the new BMW M5 or M6. I figure I'll be able to get a used M5 for just over 50k in a year or so.

Or maybe I'll just get a Supercharger for the "V" to get the extra 100hp that should get me up to and over 500hp like the M5 & 6 and save about 15k.:thumbsup:

Good luck with the car!!!!
 

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
Joined
·
11,694 Posts
TracerHawk said:
wow, this car is 52k brand new. Does the CTS-V really depreciate 20K in less than 2 years? Thats like a 60% residual in under 2 years depending on when this car was built in 2004. Thats some of the fastest depreciation I've ever heard! :ill:
So what? The VW Phaeton Ive got my eye on depreciated 40 to 60 percent in ONE year. Does that make it still not one of the best used car values on the market for what you get? Absolutely not! Its a fantastic car that will blow away most things in its class.

The V is very similar... Mind you I would never be dumb enough to purchase any of these cars NEW, but used with a few K on them, they make fantastic secondhand cars.

BTW... arr0gant, I *strongly* suggest you run a Carfax on that car and make SURE it was not a GM buyback.... These are mysteriously cropping up more and more and they are almost ALWAYS "GM Exec" driven vehicles. My 2001 STS was disclosed as a buyback to me at purchase time and had been owned by a GM exec also. The car was a huge headache. I would check the history on the car you bought and make sure it is not a buyback if they didnt disclose it to you. The price can be a strong indicator of this as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
ArroGant:You made a great purchase,the "v" was actually a true company car with a new car title! The car was sold 11/17/05 with 7,068 miles at the SanAntonio General Motors Factory Sale.Yes, I know what the car sold for,You got A "GREAT" Deal!!Congrats....Chesrown Cadillac
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top